National Gun Forum banner

OBAMA Explains Himself.... OH BOY!

5K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  Ward Tood 
#1 ·
Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer
wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to
explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10,
Sec. 171...... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is
displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at
attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be
perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the
world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem
itself conveys a war like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and
all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I
like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our
anthem, then I might salute it.'

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could
possibly be our next president. I, for one, am speechless .

Pass It On Before It's too Late.

See less See more
G
#3 ·
I can't believe anyone would ever vote for this guy! If he dislikes the USA so much leave & take Danny Glover & all of the other haters with him. This guy has no respect for the foundation of this counrty & I have zero respect for him.

-Matt :D

#4 ·
Travis said:
Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer
wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to
explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10,
Sec. 171...... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is
displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at
attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the
world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anth
em
itself conveys a war like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and
all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I
like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our
anthem, then I might salute it.'

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could
possibly be our next president. I, for one, am speechless .

Pass It On Before It's too Late.

That my friends is one of the scariest things I have ever heard. American is the symbol of freedom and that is why all the world is trying to come here. What a crock of BS.

#5 ·
I always thought that Francis Scott Key was a warmonger. I mean, it's not like he wrote the anthem during a war, while he was essentially imprisoned on his own sloop, watching an enemy bombard Fort McHenry.

Seriously though, what new insanity lays ahead? The Star Spangled Banner is about perseverence. It's about freedom. It's about sacrifice.

I don't care how the rest of the world sees our flag. You will remove your hat. You will cover your heart with your right hand. YOU WILL RESPECT THIS GREAT NATION!!!!!!!!

No matter what happens in November, this man will not be my president.

#7 ·
Travis said:
perceived as taking sides,'
You're supposed to take sides you jackass.

#10 ·
I don't know whether to spit or cry.

How can someone like this get any traction?

#11 ·
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot!

Do you have a link to this story?

G
#13 ·
What an idiot. If you cant show pride in your country with the NATIONAL anthem because of "bombs bursting in air" (simply stating that our flag survived the war) then you just plain and simply dont need to be here, much less running for the presidency.

#18 ·
True, but perhaps something along the lines of

"It's unfortunate..."

would be less disconcerting?

gunrnr said:
Nope, no less disconcerting -- sorry. Boss don't want nothin' like that. Even if it's written in Lawyerese. ~Gunrnr

#20 ·
Here's what Barry's "Smear Site" says:

Back to Fight the Smears home

Barack Obama Loves His Flag and His Country

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lie 1:
Barack Obama won’t say the Pledge of Allegiance.

Lie 2:
Barack Obama won’t put his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truth:
Watch Barack lead the Pledge of Allegiance:

(Then they have a clip of him on the Senate floor leading the Pledge of Allegiance.)
http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/patriot
Is this the best they can do? With the gazillions of dollars this POS has in the bank, this is the best "refutation" his people can come up with? C'mon, Barry -- I KNOW you're a better bullshitter thatn this!

THE "ANTI-SMEAR" SITE DOES NOT ADDRESS THE TIMES WHEN, ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL, HE STOOD THERE WITH HIS THUMB UP HIS ASS AND HIS SNOOTY LITTLE GRIN DURING THE PLEDGE AND OTHER FLAG CEREMONIES.

The SOB is a plant, we know it and just have not been able to prove the concrete connection between him and the ultra-left organizations LIKE the New Black Panthers and American Communist Party. Note I did NOT say he is/was a member. I say that he is smooth enough to have been collaborating with the likes of them in order to further his cause. His minions are already laying the groundwork to nationalize the oil industry ("Big Oil"), with Barry having joined the far lefties in demonizing the industry. Just like they're doing to "Big Pharma", "Big HMOs", and let's not forget the Evil Gun Makers.

He's smart, and that will make it hard, and he's smooth as can be, so millions are bullshitted by his rap. But I just pray to God that more people see the light about this poseur before November.

#22 ·
I tried to get this message posted about 20 min ago but the website was not responding. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION, FOLKS:
I just removed a couple of statements that could be construed as threatening. You may disagree, but that doesn't matter -- There will be NO talk of a threatening nature or of predicting the demise of someone who is protected by the U. S. Secret Service. Even theoretically. I'm jumping in here and stopping that RIGHT NOW. Travis doesn't need a visit from Men in Black. NO warnings are being handed out this time. But I'm going to confer with the other Mods and we are going to decide on a plan of action, should any threats be posted.

You have your rights to free speech, but the owner of this website has his responsibilities and liabilities. More on this later.

~GR

#24 ·
#25 ·
SheNine said:
Sorry to burst your bubble of indignation Gents, but........

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp
I've used snopes a lot, but where politics are concerned, I've found Barbara Mickelson to be as far left as they come. Her bias has been noted in many politically-related rumors. If I'm looking for the real story about a White Lion that poops cupcakes, I'll take her word for it. Regarding politics (especially about Barry), not so much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.