National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As those of us who keep up with what's going on in the world of guns, we know how gun sales skyrocketed during the 8 years of the Obama administration. Obama has been labeled the number one gun salesman and even he admits that. However those of us who've been keeping up with the events in 2020, which I assume is most of not all of us, will know very well that he is not the number one gun seller. The number one gun seller would have to be Covid-19. And with the election crisis going on right now the demand for guns and ammo is only going to go up. Particularly with ammo, I wish the ammo companies will be able to catch up and make ammo as available as it was before all this crazy stuff started this year.

·
Aim true !
10,716 Posts
I don't know if you were into guns before that last shortage. If you were. You should have stocked up while the getting was good. If not i hope you learn from this latest shortage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It'll be at least another year before things get caught up. Look for ammunition and reloading components to be back in stock sometime in 2022. I learned my lesson in 2012 and was planning to stock up before the election. COVID only accelerated my plan by a few months.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,232 Posts
Covid has not been the driving force in my opinion. The riots and civil unrest have been the largest contributor I think.
That and the police publicly stating that they simply will no longer respond to certain crimes.
Covid just added fuel to the fire.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
a perfect storm..........of many factors......the common theme.....fear......

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Aside form .22 rim fire ammunition I haven't purchased factory ammo in 40 yrs. I began reloading all rifle, pistol, and shotgun ammo in 1972, and never looked back. I have a technique for reloading reliable rim fires, but it is more trouble than it is worth. In a pinch with a little research, I can make all but my brass and shot hull loading components. So I really don't care what the communist democrats try to pull. I can still feed and protect my family. I just hope the dumb asses don't start a shootin war.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts