National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a chance to watch this video sent as part of the American Rifleman Video Collection.

It was interesting but a rehash of most of the stuff seen on the Discovery Channel. Don't wast your money on this one. Most of them have been good info to keep in your video library, but I was not impressed with this piece of work.

Maybe you will enjoy it. I believe you have 21 days to check it out and return it with no charge.

All about the history of Snipers in war time. Its more of an overview than specifics, and I think that may be a good thing.

G

·
The all time greatest, hands down sniper scene is the southern boy in Saving Private Ryan.
I rewatch that movie just to see him shoot a round up the scope of the German sniper. Got a Colt Hbar Match Grade w/ 3x9x40 scope that'll come close to doing it with a good Sierra boat tail. The Lake City green tips just come close enough to kill, won't drive no tacks.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you see the program where they attempted that feat on TV. Said it was "busted" as impossible since the internals of the scope always deflected the bullet.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Love Mythbusters.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
sig232 said:
Did you see the program where they attempted that feat on TV. Said it was "busted" as impossible since the internals of the scope always deflected the bullet.
Yup, and then they revisited it with Vietnam era gear. Remember that in the first episode they were not testing the Gunny's shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts