National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you get these phone calls every couple of weeks? Every single time they've called has been a bad time for me financially. Why don't they understand the phrase, "I can't afford to give anything right now." Argh! It irritates me! Call after payday! Call within the first week of the month, and I might give you something!

G

·
Can't say that I get any from the NRA (even though I'm a member). I do, however, get them from various charities. I reply to them, "I have been out of work for two years. I'm sorry, I don't have spare money laying around." You'd think that this would send a message, but instead I get, "Don't you think you could give a small gift of $100?"

$100? A small gift? Are they insane? And, after someone just said they have been out of work for two years!!!

I'm getting to the point where I'm not going to pick up the phone unless I recognize the number on Caller ID.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I never get any phone calls from the NRA. I am a life patron member and have never had a call from them, ever. I wonder if its a scam and not really them.

All you have to do is tell them not to call you for solicitation and it will stop. If you don't want to be solicitated tell them to stop immediately.

I signed up in the national register for no solicitations. But remember if you have their credit card they can still call you.

I do get their e-mails but I just look at them and delete them. Most of it is all about stuff they are trying to sell.

G

·
It does sound like it could be a scam. None of the other NRA members that responded are getting these solicitations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts