National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you send in your ballot for the election of Directors?

Its due by April 27, 2008 and allows you to participate in the election of 75 Directors. Thats how we get a say in the direction of the NRA. The Directors have a large part in the operation of the NRA activities.

The ballot is in the March issue of the American Rifleman magazine.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Not yet.

As I recall, there are only about 5 or 6 more nominees than there are positions open.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glock27Bill said:
Not yet.

As I recall, there are only about 5 or 6 more nominees than there are positions open.
Yea they have the field narrowed down quite a bit by the time we get to vote. But you can write in anyone you choose.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pretty much read the NRA mag from cover to cover. So many of the members or candidates up for nomination are somewhat familiar to me before I vote. I do read all the detail about their backgrounds and accomplishments and make my decision based on that information.

For example it was a no brainer about electing Tom Selleck. I like to vote for a good mix of folks on the board to give it more clout with Congress. Police backgrounds, lawyers, women, blacks, Hollywood folks, music professionals, etc.

The board will put a lot of pressure on the management to guide them in the necessary direction. I encourage you all to exercise your right to vote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts