National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
4,403 Posts
They are not getting any of my money until the dust settles. It is a very important upcoming election but they can lobby with what they got. My money goes straight to candidates I support. I even sent Klacik $50 to help her in her losing battle.

· Super Moderator
15,152 Posts
People keep trying to assassinate Wayne but he is not the problem. Neither are his suits, travel, expense accounts, etc. He's an administrator and a good one and if my contributions buy him about 3% of a suit that gets him in front of a contributor that donates tens or hundreds of thousands of $$$, I'm fine with that.

I vote with my wallet and I'm still okay with a guy who can do what he does.

--Wag--

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,014 Posts
The problem I have with the Wayne LaPierre issue is, there is no evidence to back up the allegations. All we have is rumors and accusations, that may or may not be true. The question we should be asking is, who will benefit the most by Wayne's departure? Will it be gun owners or the anti-gun crowd? Think long and hard before you answer.

I wouldn't put it pass the anti-gun crowd to exercise character-assassination in order to weaken the NRA. The same NRA that is the 800 pound gorilla protecting your 2A rights.

· Registered
157 Posts
I’ve been an NRA member for 50 years, 30 years life.

They have massively violated my trust with their gross misappropriation of funds.

No more money from this golden goose until Wayne and his puppets are gone!

My 2A funds go to the other 2A organizations.
Ditto, except time as a life member. Me only 25 years. I won't give a penny until he is gone.

· AZHerper
6,333 Posts
I’ve been an NRA member for 50 years, 30 years life.

They have massively violated my trust with their gross misappropriation of funds.

No more money from this golden goose until Wayne and his puppets are gone!

My 2A funds go to the other 2A organizations.
Irrespective of what Wayne does, the NRA and NRA-ILA still does a lot to support and uphold my basic values. Although I haven't been real delighted with them, I'll maintain my membership.

· Registered
886 Posts
I vote with my wallet and I'm still okay with a guy who can do what he does.
Oh, and every time I hear or read a complaint about WLP or the NRA, I make another donation.
You sound like NRA critics should care that you donate more if hear a complaint. That's no threat. Why should we care where you spend your money?

What I'm curious about though, is your statement "a guy who can do what he does." Just what do you see that he has done lately? I'm at a loss to figure it out a thing he has done or gotten the organization to do that has helped the cause. I can tell you what other pro-gun organizations have done. I can also tell you things the NRA has taken credit for that were actually done by other organizations. And I know some of those for a fact, because I was there.

· Registered
288 Posts
One more thing about the allegations of malfeasance in the NRA. Consider the sources of these allegations.
Beyond what has been said so far, about the NRA on malfeasance I have not heard much of late on whether any of these allegations are true. I can say, I have yet to see any NRA ads this political season. Is this a reflection of its financial health?

I feel like many on this and other forums, Wayne needs to move on. I could be wrong, but perhaps new leadership would energize the base to include me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,893 Posts
The communists must destroy, or neutralize, the NRA because the NRA stands between them and their ultimate goal. What better way to do this than demonizing its most effective leader through innuendo and lies?
I find it most disheartening and pathetic to hear supposed 'gun people' parrotting and agreeing with their lies.

· Registered
4,403 Posts
I realize the main goal is to get rid the NRA but the allegations of malfeasance were fairly extensive. I forget all the details but some of them appeared to be substantiated. Some folks already left. I think some left out of guilt and others left to avoid the carnage.

To save the patient sometimes you have to remove a limb. There is a cloud over the NRA and unfortunately to try and get back to normal and back into the fight you need to get rid of distractions. The NRA is not dependent on any one man or group of men. The NRA is in bad financial shape due to legal cost of defending against all of this. Cut out the nonsense, I have no idea of how valuable Wayne has been but he got caught up in this mess and it looks like he has to go. Men of honor leave for the greater good of the organization not to try and save themselves at the expense of the orginazation.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.