NRA

• They DO NOT help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They DO Help

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
My answer would be a little of each. The sell us out too quickly, they are too timid to take a tough stance on hard issues, and they endorse anti gun presidential candidates, but their name carries a lot of weight.

·
Banned
818 Posts
I actually think they are a bunch of crooks. If they were really doing good for the shooting community then we wouldn't have so many lame gun laws. I'll NEVER give that organization a dime of my money!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I think the NRA does some good. I do believe that they could do a whole lot more than they do though.

G

·
i think that they are good overall. they could be better, but they do keep the common folk from getting trampled by the anti's. i think they stop alot of the smaller anti gun laws from sneaking through too. it can't hurt us any.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their personal opinions about the NRA. Its like religion and politics, I guess.

I am a Patron Life Member and have been a supporter since the 1960's. Without the NRA it is my opinion that we would not have the right to own firearms today. They are a very tiny organization and all gun owners that do not support them blame them for the loss of their personal gun rights.

The NRA has been fighting a retreating action for the last thirty years. They have maybe 3-4 million of the 75-80 gun owners in this country supporting them.

If they had the support of gun owners they would then be the elephant in the living room that Congress would not be able to ignore. Gun owners are a very independent group of individuals and few belong to the NRA, a few to GOA and a few to other gun support groups. But it is really a very small group that stands up for their gun rights and will join a pro gun group or protest the anti-second amendment movement.

When the UK lost their gun rights and the Canadians were stripped of most of their rights both countries had spokesmen that stated that if they had had an NRA in their countries and a Bill of Rights they would still have their firearms today. Same with Australia!

The laundry list of the achievements that the NRA has accomplished over their lifespan would fill a book. Most are not even aware of what the NRA has done or is currently actively involved in doing today.

I do know this!! Unless we all join hands and stand shoulder to shoulder together and back pro-gun groups in this country we will not have a second amendment for many more years. The anti second amendment groups are much better at protesting as a group than we are and we need to take a long hard look at that situation and make some adjustments in our non-strategy.

Pick a group and back them up to the hilt! While you have the option!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I think the NRA helps, but not as much as it could, or should. If we're going to win the fight against UCLA and the other gun-grabbing groups ("GGGs" from here on), we need to have more serious muscle than the NRA currently provides.

G

·
I honestly think that the very limited funds I have to spend on firearms issues can be better spent with an organization other than the NRA.

I support them in many ways, just not financially.

Doug

G

·
I spread my support between the NRA, Gun Owners of America and Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.
Althought I'm not a Jew I have good friends that are. They all carry. Their attitude is that if they were armed when the Nazis came for them they wouldn't have been like sheep led to slaughter.
You never know what will happen: Remember Waco and Ruby Ridge?

G

·
i'm a canadian member of the NRA. i think we have to realize , that like all political lobby groups, and that's what the NRA is, you are not going to win all the time. without NRA,NFA,CSSA we WOULD NOT OWN GUNS TODAY. politics is what it is and the politicians will look for votes anywhere they can. today we are all forced to choose sides from one extreme to the other. there's not much middle ground on any issue today. at best political lobbying keeps things the same so it doesn't get any worse than it already is. we all agree that gun control doesn't work, however, from the political side, there may be more people out there who think it does. the politicians are going to try and please everyone, which is wrong, but regardless the other side is going to have their say,right or wrong.we all know their wrong but that doesn't change anything in the world of politics and we are all a part of it. pblsyd

G

·
The Pro or Anti Gun agendas today is a lucrative business on both sides.And will continue to be so, until our Rights under the Second Amendment becomes totally the law of our land,as was intended when penned."SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
pblsyd said:
i'm a canadian member of the NRA. i think we have to realize , that like all political lobby groups, and that's what the NRA is, you are not going to win all the time. without NRA,NFA,CSSA we WOULD NOT OWN GUNS TODAY. politics is what it is and the politicians will look for votes anywhere they can. today we are all forced to choose sides from one extreme to the other. there's not much middle ground on any issue today. at best political lobbying keeps things the same so it doesn't get any worse than it already is. we all agree that gun control doesn't work, however, from the political side, there may be more people out there who think it does. the politicians are going to try and please everyone, which is wrong, but regardless the other side is going to have their say,right or wrong.we all know their wrong but that doesn't change anything in the world of politics and we are all a part of it. pblsyd

That is a very well stated summary! Good Post! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts