National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I fixed my last issue with the P80 I am working on, but now that the slide fits it won't go into battery. The thing is when I strip all the parts off the slide and put it on it goes into battery no problem. Idk were my error in this thing lies.

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
Check your recoil spring. Make sure its sitting right.

Reactions: fixitfred

·
Registered
576 Posts
How would I go about loosening it?
First thing I would do is color the extractor, work the slide and see if the color is rubbed off anywhere. About the only place that should make contact is the inside edge of the extractor as it goes to battery. I had this happen on one firearm I was tuning up. The extractor was "fat" just in front of the hook. It made contact with the extractor cutout in the breech and pushed the bolt back as the bolt came to battery.

If after checking this out you find the extractor is the issue, you can remove material where the hook makes contact with the extractor cut.

If the arm will not go to battery at all, try to color everything and see what is making contact to prevent the slide from going home.

Another check I would do is the extractor to cartridge rim fit. With the bolt in hand, slip a round up under the extractor. The hook should cam out about 0.010".

Please describe in a little more detail. Are you using a round when you have the problem? When testing, does this happen without ammo?

·
Super Moderator
14,635 Posts
I tried to. "like" the above post but the button is not working for me.

Alan

Reactions: Speed
1 - 6 of 6 Posts