National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have guns, but many don’t have a simple BB or pellet gun. They can be useful for persuading critters off your property, training new shooter, or just plinking cans. I like it for setting my sights in the garage before i go shooting.

If you own a 22, you can have both with Aguila Colibri 420fps ammo. I made a video to show the primer only round (no gunpowder) that has a simple pellet tip. Standard bb guns shoot 390 to 590 fps. Pellet guns shoot around 720 fps. No gunpowder means not a firearm.

A9A0C56B-455B-4996-9C92-C60876E2B22E.png

·
Aim true !
10,332 Posts
Co2 pistol shoots 4-500 fps. Much cheaper than buying them low velocity 22's. My gamo pistol is a lot of fun for indoor practice. And a firearm is still a firearm if you use powder or not. Also the primers have lead in them. So your exposing yourself to lead shooting indoors vs outside.

https://gamousa.com/product/p-430-semi-auto-co2-dual-ammo-pistol/

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I’m not suggesting continuous use. I’m suggesting $4 for 50 shots that should last a long time if used to run critters off rather than spending $75+ on a Pellet gun. Side note: when cops show up if someone saw you plinking cans it makes every bit of the difference if you’re shooting real ammo with gunpowder or not-bullets with no gunpowder. Not a firearm without gunpowder. Details matter. Just like a BB gun. This is situational. Obviously if shooting 22 gunpowder cartridges it is.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I think you'll be in for a big unpleasant surprise if you think just because you were shooting a firearm, yes a firearm, with ammo without powder that you are not and were not discharging a firearm at least in the eyes of the law. Now if you want to make that argument

By the way I'm thinking of buying a precision airgun but expect to pay $75+++.

Reactions: deputy and Popeye

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,969 Posts
I shoot Aguila 22 LR Colibri ammo on a semi-regular basis. In no way does using it magically turn your firearm into a non-firearm.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yeah, but did you know that in most municipalities, shooting a firearm, an airgun or archery equipment in their limits, the criminal charge is the same?
A firearm is not classified by what you shoot out of it but by what it was designed to shoot.
Good luck with that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
CB caps are still bullets and they come out of a firearm. BB guns are illegal in NJ and have always been considered a firearm, yes even the spring loaded ones. My dad back in 1970 had to use his fire arms purchaser ID card to buy a Daisy Red Rider. He had to get a pistol purchase permit for my single shot air pistol in 1972.
I shoot CB caps and subsonic 720 FPS in my yard but very seldom. Most of my neighbors have no idea but we are about 200’ between houses and woods behind us.

·
Registered
13,241 Posts
There are actually quite a few different brands of .22 ammo that don't have powder, it's not really something new. Like others said, the ammo used does not make a firearm not a firearm. Black powder guns use powder, some quite a bit of powder and in most places they are not considered a firearm by law. Antique guns made before 1898? are also not "firearms" under most laws as well even though they technically are. This is under federal laws but some states do regulate BP and antique guns to some extent.

BTW you should get a bullet trap for indoor shooting, those bullets not penetrating the wood can bounce around and will hurt if you get nailed in the face and hopefully you're wearing some eye pro.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Not a firearm? I see you are in Tennessee---- your 22 is very much a firearm, no matter what you fire from it.

Tennessee code 39-17-1307.

Firearm: means any weapon designed, made or adapted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or any device readily convertible to that use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts