National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember many years ago these little .22 caliber 5 shots came on belt buckles. I always wanted one but felt it was a waste of money.
Well, a few seasons ago for Xmas my kids bought this one for me. It's a longer barreled version and I put the bigger optional grips on it just for me.
Just for reference and size threw the quarter in the mix~
Not much for shooting as far as accuracy but it is a nice conversation piece. I have heard of people carrying these for self defense but I am not too sure about that. If I have to stop someone I don't want to make them mad in the process!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I had one of it's predecessors, the Freedom Arms model with the buckle. I got it as part of a trade, shot one cylinder full to say I did it and traded it off for God-knows-what. Kinda fun, but I never saw a real use for it. I did think about shooting a rabbit and posing with the rabbit and the itty-bitty FA like the guys do with their deer and rifle, but I never did it.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have the Black Widow! It has a nice sting with those 22 mag CCI "V" bullets.

G

·
I carry one of these in .22 LR regularly. It is wildly inaccurate at any distance more than across a room. But it is a lot better than not having a gun where you may not be able to carry one comfortably, like at work. I made a leather pocket holster to keep pocket lint off of it, and to keep the sharp edges of the cylinder from cutting the cloth.

G

·
keninaz said:
I remember many years ago these little .22 caliber 5 shots came on belt buckles. I always wanted one but felt it was a waste of money.
Well, a few seasons ago for Xmas my kids bought this one for me. It's a longer barreled version and I put the bigger optional grips on it just for me.
Just for reference and size threw the quarter in the mix~
Not much for shooting as far as accuracy but it is a nice conversation piece. I have heard of people carrying these for self defense but I am not too sure about that. If I have to stop someone I don't want to make them mad in the process!

I've got it with both cylinders. Those grips are the accessory shooting grips, available on the NAA site. The pix below are the standard for conceal carry.

G

·
I carry one of these every day in 22 mag. Fits nicely in pocket and is really not noticeable. I'm not a cop, live in the rural country, and just want somethimg more than my bare fists to even the odds if needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
naa minis

got bot black widow & minimaster, both cyls for both. keep mag cyl in placewithboth. cci ammo. lr cyl with velocitors. both accurate to 30 ft. one on me whenever im outside. have plenty of others, but these mos often carried.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't have one of those little fellars, but would like to own one of these rare and most valueable North American Arms 1911.

Regards;
Rod

The North American Arms Co. Ltd., Quebec City, Quebec, Canada was awarded a contract on July 1 1918, to manufacture M1911 pistols at the rate of 2000 pistols per day, at a cost of $15.50 each.

NAA (North American Arms) leased the old Ross Rifle Plant in Quebec City for the manufacture of the pistol. Few details are known about the operation, and no pistols were delivered. The Company however did reach the pre-production stage of manufacturing, and approximately 100 toolroom/pre-production pistols were made. Pistol serial number 46 was submitted to the Claims Board for inspection in the Spring of 1920. The claims board was set up to examine and settle any claims arising out of canceled contracts and the like. The board members included Colonel Gilbert H. Stewart, later Commanding Officer of Springfield Armory.

NAA pistols had all of the normal characteristics that a Colts M1911 had but were marked differently. The left slide legend had the manufacturers name and address. The serial number was marked on the slide just above the thumb safety, the trigger was marked on the Left side, sometimes inside the receiver, and the receiver was marked under the left grip. No inspection or acceptance marks. These pistols are of course quite rare and are seldom sold in original condition. Therefore establishing a value is mostly guess work. Reference Charles Clawsons “Colt .45 Service pistols”.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Never heard of nor saw one of these before...thanks for posting, Wraco.
I just love learning new stuff.

·
Balanced is so subjective
494 Posts
I had one of it's predecessors, the Freedom Arms model with the buckle. I got it as part of a trade, shot one cylinder full to say I did it and traded it off for God-knows-what. Kinda fun, but I never saw a real use for it. I did think about shooting a rabbit and posing with the rabbit and the itty-bitty FA like the guys do with their deer and rifle, but I never did it.

Didn't Freedom Arms turn into Raven Arms and manufacture the Saturday Night Special? Or am I wrong?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
As far as I know, Freedom Arms is one of the PRE-EMINENT producers of high quality single action revolvers in the world. Raven firearms are not quite as highly regarded and were made by the Jennings family companies.

·
Balanced is so subjective
494 Posts
Yeah I was wrong. It started as Raven Arms and got sold to Phoenix Arms. I just looked at the wiki. I knew the company had changed hands but I don't know how I got that idea into my head...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts