National Gun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just joined.
Already got great info for my ruger 10/22 project ninja plinker. :4:
(Actually really basic)
Thanks to all. Should be fun for target practice at the range.
Project Ithaca 20 gauge with cracked stock is next.
My wife says I have too many guns...I dont get it? I only have a few..
I dont like to actually shot them either, cuz then they get dirty. I just like to take them out, hold them and stare at them. You understand right. :thumbsup:
(just kidding)

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.

TOO MANY GUNS?!? Wow, that's something I've never heard of before...NOT! Best advice there, as confirmed by some of our esteemed members of the female persuasion, is to take her shooting. Make it fun. If you're not qualified to teach her or feel that she won't learn well from you (very common and no reflection on the husband, either), find someone who can do it well.

Alternatively, read your local newspaper to her; you know, like the crime reports. If all else fails, try collective bargaining. You bargain, she collects. You get something you want (firearms-wise), she gets something she wants (that you were going to get for her birthday or Christmas, anyway).

You can do it!

KYPD,

~Rick
a/k/a "The (sensei) Gunrunner

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Welcome from NC.

SD is not a bad place (depending). The Gas Lamp has some good clubs (or did way back when I was there).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks to all!

CDP: gaslamp San Diego still rocks. but I'm gettin too slow to go there very often LOL, prefer a mellow blues club, Buddy Guy is coming next month. :)Dont getme wrong I can still slam in the mosh pit at a green day concert, just takes me 2 days to recover. lol

sensei gunrunr: My wife is insane with a "virtual" springfield sniper rifle in Call of duty 2, 3 or MOHA, or a 50 cal in Call of Duty 4, or Tom Clancys Ghost Recon on xbox 360 but I cant get her to the range....YET...she kicks my but in the games. I always run in guns a blaze with a BAR or CAR15 on full auto.

I keep telling her the 10/22 will be just like getting to shot a real scoped springfield...we shall see...she's still afraid of the real thing, though she liked shooting my nephews Daisy with a scope..so there is hope. My sister has some navy ribbons for marksmanship, maybe i can get her to help too.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Land of Lincoln.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Greetings from the NW!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Too many guns? That's like saying too much money. Now there is too much debt, which is very problematic.

Hello from TN.

PS, never call yourself a noob, as this reffers to an ignorant mo fo that goes around saying, "My 1911 is t3h b3st! I can hit an 3lephant with it from 10 feet!"

Only call yourself a newb, as this reffers to a newbie. Newbs say," I don't know much about guns, but I am eager to learn all that I can."
OK I'm a semi-newb! Still eager to learn. Ive reached a point were I know enough to realize how much I dont know, this is wisdom.

and dang it, my 1911 is the fishizzle, stainless steel, all Don Johnson Miami Vise like, all hallowed Wilson parts from the beautiful state of Arizona, and yes it can hit a hefalump from 10 feet. with my last box of Black Talons, LOL
I might get my daughter to bedazzle the grip next. Not sure if thats legal in Cali though. word :lol:

Since this is the intro forum we can goof off a bit right?

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
Hello & Welcome from Michigan...

For anyone interested...

I have been in the business of helping those whom feel they have "too many guns" for many years... My professional services could ease your troubles... just send them my way, and I will be sure to give them a nice home!

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
my 1911 is the fishizzle, stainless steel, all Don Johnson Miami Vise like...
Don Johnson used a S&W 645... just a little useless knowledge for ya!

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

+1 to what Gunrnr said. It's like teaching someone how to drive, a dis-interested 3rd party might be better received.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Welcome from 2.5 hours north, in Hesperia Ca. I too am trying to get my g/f to shoot my 10/22 and then maybe my XD40. She said she might go out w/ me on Sunday. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Don Johnsons sidearm

Don Johnson used a S&W 645... just a little useless knowledge for ya!
Ok now you got me going....

Miami Vice also popularized certain brands of firearms and accessories.[24][25] Galco International named its gun holster the "Miami Classic" following its use by Don Johnson on the show.[25] After Johnson became dissatisfied with his gun holster, the Jackass Leather Company (later renamed Galco International) sent their president, Rick Gallagher, to personally fit Don Johnson with an "Original Jackass Rig", which would later be renamed the Galco "Miami Classic".[25]

The Bren Ten, manufactured by Dornaus & Dixon, was a stainless-steel handgun used by Don Johnson during Miami Vice's first season.[24] It remained Crockett's sidearm throughout season two, until Dornaus & Dixon went out of business in 1986.[24] Smith & Wesson was offered a contract to outfit Johnson's character with a S&W Model 645 during season three.[26][27][24]

more info on evn a sig in the pilot episode

The Bren Ten is perhaps most notable for having been Sonny Crockett's pistol in the television series Miami Vice. He wore it in the first and second season of the show - except in the pilot episode, where he used a SIG-Sauer P220 - from 1984 to 86. The two Bren Tens used in the show were customized, applying chrome to the slide in order to make it more visible during night scenes. (Reportedly, the guns were altered to fire .45 ACP blanks, a modification that led to numerous malfunctions during filming.)

The highly popular show generated intense interest in the pistol, although the company was not able to deliver on this demand. Many Bren Ten owners became irate upon seeing that a Hollywood studio apparently had access to multiple Bren Ten magazines while their pistols had been delivered without them. When the company went bankrupt, the product placement position went up for grabs, being filled by the Smith & Wesson 645, and later the Smith & Wesson Model 4506.

Now I have to go find a hollywood version of the Series 80, Government model, Markk IV, SS to idolize....
Any sugestions?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts