National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
22,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the aftermath of Colin Kaepernick’s Saturday workout, some in league circles have suggested that nothing will change. For now, nothing has changed.

Per a league source, Kaepernick’s representatives have not heard from any teams with either an invitation to work out privately or an offer to sign a contract.

It’s no surprise, even if the league’s intentions were genuine and pure (Kaepernick’s camp suspected from the outset that they were not), no team had invited Kaepernick to work out privately or had offered him a contract in the 32 months since he became a free agent.

And so the impasse continues, whatever the reason. Some will think he’s not good enough. Others think that his presence will be too much of a distraction for a second- or third-string option on the roster. Others wonder whether he truly wants to play. (There’s one way to find out, conclusively.)

Regardless, if the league truly wants to help him (and after the events of the past week the league may not want to help him any longer), the way to do it is to work the back channels and do a deal with a team to give him a shot.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ter-saturdays-session/ar-BBWUxrp?ocid=UE09DHP

· Registered
8,425 Posts
He was given a gift very few get - a chance to play in the NFL making him an instant millionaire. Yet he let his BS politics ruin it all for him - too bad, so sad. The NFL is desperate to get things back the way they were; attendance is still down as is revenue.............Wouldn't bother me if they folded their tents and went away permanently.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,022 Posts
Colon Kaepernick wants a job, after he killed the NFL's golden goose? :LoL:

· Registered
22,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Fredrick Douglas advocated that young men should "agitate, agitate and agitate". All well and good advice for political and social operatives striving for change in the mid-1800's.

However, it is now about 160 years past the time that wise advice was offered, again to politicians. mainly. As for NFL quarterbacks with diminishing talents, it is probably wiser to row in sync with the team and its owner in these foul, but modern, years of our lord. "Fame is fleeting", Collin. And yours is just about all gone.

I would advise him to consolidate his finances for the long run, and make other plans for the near and far future.

· Registered
18,042 Posts
He was offered a chance to show his "skills", something the league went out of their way to do for this clown, and at the last minute, moved the location. WTF? They didn't owe him, they didn't need to give him this, and he just thought he'd be his old self, and show them what an idiot he is. I don't wonder why no one has called him, the league doesn't need him, they have enough problems trying to recover from his stunts. I wouldn't touch him if I was in their shoes.

· Registered
17,528 Posts
Has he tried out for pop warner? I don't think it pays as much but hey it's a job right.

· Registered
8,425 Posts
I doubt he could land a job as a JV assistant coach at some middle school right now.

· Registered
8,425 Posts
Yet Nike will not only have him for endorsements but he seems to be advising them on styling. I’ll never buy from them.

Nikes just never fit me very well; seems the folks designing the sizes has little old lady-sized feet, so no big deal for me.

· Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,894 Posts
He proved himself unworthy of the attention he received. Once again, he proved himself unworthy.

Reactions: deputy

· Registered
54 Posts
Nikes just never fit me very well; seems the folks designing the sizes has little old lady-sized feet, so no big deal for me.
They never fit me either. I was in the ski industry and during the off season I worked in a sporting good store we returned more defective Nikes then all the other brands combined (and we weren't a big Nike store).

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,022 Posts
Kaepernick was at best, a third string QB.

· Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,894 Posts
Kaepernick was at best, a third string QB.
He was the quarterback of a Super Bowl team. Part way through the following season he was demoted to second string and a 1st round draft pick was elevated to first string. This was due to his ineffectiveness. Soon thereafter he began his 'kneeling' shtick. He was released at the end of the season.

He was an excellent running quarterback. His passes were usually errant.

· Registered
8,425 Posts
He was the quarterback of a Super Bowl team. Part way through the following season he was demoted to second string and a 1st round draft pick was elevated to first string. This was due to his ineffectiveness. Soon thereafter he began his 'kneeling' shtick. He was released at the end of the season.

He was an excellent running quarterback. His passes were usually errant.

Wasn't Jim McMahon the same? Run but couldn't throw past 10 yards worth a damn.

· Registered
4,756 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.