National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to my favorite pawn shop, I've talked to him before about my AR, he offered $425 without even seeing it. Now he says he's not taking any AR's until he sees what legislation comes of all this. Should have done it then, now I'm afraid I have an illegal paper weight. I really expect the AR and AK are on the chopping block.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
So you do a legal FTF sale and get your cash now if you're concerned about that

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Has anyone been to their LGS or a Cabellas since this weekend?
Was wondering if the hoarding of 30 round mags has started.
Have the prices on Modern sporting rifles gone up?

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fit, was that you that thought about coming down from the panhandle? Well, have I got a deal for anyone that wants it. AR, all the AR stuff I have in the junk drawer, 910 rounds of mixed ammo, 223, 556, mostly brass, some steel. $500, I'll pay the xfer fees. Oh yea, 5 30rnd mags and one 20rnd.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
I just spent the last 3 days driving up to SC, back from SC in a rental truck and then on Sunday driving that rental down to Ocala and back - I'm tired.......
That said I have 150 free targets to shoot at Tampa Bay
If I came down, there are no transfer fees (at least not yet) in Florida for FTF sales

You can PM me the details as to make and what "all the AR stuff" entails.

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have to take an inventory, it's just odds and ends, nothing expensive. I should just say I'll toss in some scraps.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,885 Posts
Post photos of your AR here on NGF and see if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
P8060006.JPG P8060007.JPG P8060002.jpg

AR is chambered in 5.56, PSA upper and lower with an Anderson receiver, little laser (just for fun). Barska red dot, co witnesses with iron sights.

Extras: Tactical scope (fat reticles) cheapo, cheapo red dot, brass catcher, handle, original fore grip, I have the original trigger assembly not in the pic. I also have a sock for it. The breakdown case. Five 30 round mags and one 20 round. Front sight adjustment tool, buffer tube tool. There is probably more, just can't think of any now.

Ammo:Ammo can:
100 green tip
110 223 rem
290 xm193 Nato

120 223 rem
50 green tip
120 XM193 5.56 nato
100 Wolf .223
20 Tula .223

I'm thinking $500 is very fair. There is probably about 500 rounds through it.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I don't believe in panic selling. Panic buying YES but not selling. There were folks that saw doom and gloom in the great 22 shortage and sold off their 22's. What now buy them back for twice what you sold them for? I don't speculate on commodities I'm a long term investor and buy index, mutual funds and ride out the dips and turmoil and talk and end up fine in the long run.

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been thinking of selling it for a year or so, I can really use the money to pay some bills. But I really like the thing, even if I don't get to shoot it much. But I expect some kind of action against these things, I'd rather one of you get stuck with it than me, I need the money!

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
So send me the details via PM already

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
I'm interested; distance is the PITA. Depending on where you are, that can be a 6-9 hour drive (with traffic) - unless you want to meet somewhere in the almost middle.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,885 Posts
Throw in the kitty cat and we have a deal, just kidding
Looks like a good deal, I am sure someone will scoop it up
Is there a cat litter pun in there somewhere?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Have no plans for selling mine... unless I'm offered a stupid amount of money.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just talked to my favorite pawn shop, I've talked to him before about my AR, he offered $425 without even seeing it. Now he says he's not taking any AR's until he sees what legislation comes of all this. Should have done it then, now I'm afraid I have an illegal paper weight. I really expect the AR and AK are on the chopping block.
Unless language makes AR lowers illegal all AR's can be converted to bolt action making them legal even if semi auto AR's are outlawed. Bolt action uppers are hard to come by last time I looked, I want to keep one on hand, but removing the gas tube and permanently blocking the gas port accomplish the same thing. While not as effective as a semi auto the rate of fire for a bolt action AR is impressive.

·
Registered
758 Posts
what are the laws in fla to transfer it to Texas.
also who makes it.
Your job to know your States laws. They have a web site.

Read post before asking.
, PSA upper and lower with an Anderson receiver,

Just go to Fla. and pick it up and no one will know you have it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts