National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try out some Nitesiters one of our sponsors. Has anybody else used them? I am having a little trouble picking up the front sight at our range as it's a little dark in there. :sosp:

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
nope.

Got Trijicons on my Glock.

G

·
Never had nightsighters but, IMHO, any night sight is better than none. My 65 year old eyes have a heck of a time on that front sight.
Another option is a laser:

For the G crowd, check Whompuss' LaserMax guide rod model, G 26, 27, 33. Way below cost in the for sale section.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sir Whompuss but I can't use a laser in the league. I had a laser on a SP-101 Ruger and that was the cats meow for sure. :biggrin5:

G

·
I have tried them. Ok during the day. Don't last long on a "charge" after dark. I think they would be ok for what your wanting; but for self defense, stay with night sights.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have tried them. Ok during the day. Don't last long on a "charge" after dark. I think they would be ok for what your wanting; but for self defense, stay with night sights.
My SigLites are bright as hell 24/7. They don't require "a charge". They are Tritium and glow on their own.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pointers gentlemen. I'll give them a try and see how they work. This will be on a range gun only. If they don't work I'll get the Tritium's. :biggrin5:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts