National Gun Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yeah, sorry but I don’t buy into that crap. I am sure most gun owners on this side of the isle don’t either. Suicide is a deep rooted mental state anxiety, heavily attributed to social unacceptance, not fitting in and inability to identify ones self worth. Being cutoff from social interaction with peers may worsen a problem that already exists, it’s not the cause.

I do feel for the families that lose young ones to suicide. It’s a horrible place to be to not recognize what’s coming or to know and be unable to reach them on a meaningful level.

The lefts preaching about how the world doesn’t accept people who are different is a much bigger issue that more than likely impacts young people much more than lack of social interaction. Having lived in 45 places before the age of 18, I can tell you from experience, being cutoff from friends and peers is not the problem. I am quite sure that my 3 siblings who shared that childhood would agree. We quite literally spent the vast majority of our childhoods with only each other.
I agree. We moved so often, there were years we did not unpack. I changed schools 7 times during the 2nd grade. That does not include starting the year late and getting out early for another move. You learned to make friends fast and you were not picky or you didn't have any.
There are a lot of people that can't live that way.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
And we can only hope that the majority of those new gun owners joint a gun group such as GOA, NRA, etc. We need to unite to be able to combat the DemocRATs gun grabbing habits..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, the more the better. Only downside is my Sharps rifle just landed at my FFL yesterday. Current estimate is 4-5 day wait time. National Instant Check System my eye :unsure:

-jb the impatient

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mine background was sent in the next morning after the order was placed. The gun was processed shipped and received days before I cleared.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here the receiving FFL won't take the 4473 until the firearm shows up, considering shipping times vary a lot. I don't recall how long a NICS approval is good, 10 days perhaps? So if the shipping takes 12-18 days (as in this case) the FFL has to start over. And then of course there's that Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent specifically assigned to delaying my personal checks :giggle:
But back to the the original post, I hope some/many/most of those NICS are new owners, who will be added to the 2A voting block. An opportunity for us to recruit and help educate like minded voters.

-jb, conspiracy theorist extraordinaire

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
In Illinois, background checks are good for 30 days. My FFL is a trustworthy guy. I keep him copied on emails that impact him so communication is open between the 3 parties. Not everyone has that I guess.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well you're correct, of course. Considering it's a National back ground check the law is the same ... nationally. ATF: "A NICS check is valid for 30 calendar days for any transaction ... " Not withstanding, the vast increase in applications has delayed from minutes to days in places. But my hope for recruiting new 2A followers remains. I'd hazard a wish that the large increase in background checks you noted in the OP includes some percentage of new owners.

Not everyone has that I guess.
VBG, not everybody. Be well and take advantage of the relationship with your FFL. Buy more ;)

-jb, envious

Reactions: Philmo11
21 - 27 of 27 Posts