National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up the the big range today with my cousin today, had hoped to sight in my AR and my .30-06, but the rifle range was crowded, so we just spent a few hours at the CQB range (handgun, shotgun, and carbines). I had most of my handguns with me as well as my wife's Walther, my cousin had his classic Rock Island .45 and an AK variant.

Lots of fun overall, didn't use paper targets just shot at jugs and such left behind by previous shooters. I think I tend to focus too much on precision shooting on paper, don't really do much speed shooting or just plinking for the heck of it. Precision shooting is great, and paper targets are nice for learning the quirks of a new gun, but sometimes you need to break it up with some good simple "here's a thing, try to hit it" shooting.

But moving on, I'm falling deeper in love with the 10mm round, and back in love with my S&W model 28. The 10mm is pretty self-explanatory, it's just a nice round overall. With the S&W, I impressed myself a bit, shooting one-handed double action picking off 2 liter bottles at 50-ish yards like it was nothing.

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, ought to bring my cousin along more often, he needs to get out more anyway.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,916 Posts
No better way to spend a day!

Reactions: ArthAnsgar

·
Aim true !
11,380 Posts
Good range day it sounds like. Im going this eve to test my new Ruger bx 25 mag. I left it sit loaded a few days. They say it can be to tight the spring. I had issues with it stove piping.

Reactions: ArthAnsgar

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
We had a work project at our hunting club today. We had to improve the septic system. While I was there I figured to bring along two of my .22 rifles. I just don’t shoot them enough. I had one of my 10/22’s with the heavy fluted barrels and the laminated stock with a 3-9 scope. I set up one of the spinner targets at 75 yards. I was hitting the 1 1/2” spinner to the point of boredom. I took out the Savage heavy barrel bolt action and it needed a tweak of the 4X scope. A few test shots and it was just as good. It was nice to get out and just shoot the rimfires with no hearing protection needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts