National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm new here, not a firearm owner, NH resident, 18yo w/ state ID, no driver's licence yet. If I wanted to purchase a firearm, what kind of permits/training/checks/so forth would I be looking at?

Thanks!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,011 Posts
Go to your friendlt local gun store and ask them. They will be glad to educate you.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,357 Posts
Before you purchase a firearm, you should take a firearm safety course (preferably one that has been approved by the NRA). It will teach you the basics of firearm safety and more.

·
Super Moderator
5,705 Posts
Might not be updated seeing firearm laws r ever evolving. though its s start. Up to you to look into the state laws on the states web site or like Popeye said go to s gun store and ask. Not everyone here is from NH and not everyone here knows every firearm law in every state and on a national level. There's over 30K laws on the book and more getting made everyday. Impossible to know everyone and the antis want to keep it that way. Heck, they don't even know the laws they make. Just its their way of getting rid of the Second Amendment and still say they're for the Second Amendment.

https://www.nationalgunforum.com/gun-laws-news-rights/185090-state-firearm-laws.html

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
Like popeye said go to a gun shop and ask but i think as long as you have a valid ID and can pass the NICS check(and have $$$) you should be able to buy a long gun at 18 in NH without any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts