National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may have noticed by now, NGF has been upgraded to a later version of the forum software.

This is just to keep up with security improvements and allow us to work on new features in the future.

Please respond to this thread with any problems/questions/concerns you might have and we'll try to get everything sorted out asap!

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Thanks for the upgrade:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
Looks pretty good so far

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,976 Posts
When I try to insert an image from my computer, using the basic function, there is no upload button/function to complete the insert.

edit: I also get invalid image if I try to post from an URL, such as photobucket.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see the problem, in the "basic uploader" the button isn't styled very well so it looks like just text. I'll get that fixed up

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Good

20130917_161848.jpg

Works good here, couldn't resist

·
It's Just My 2¢
5,118 Posts
There is no text box either in "Quick Reply" or "Reply To Thread" on some computers

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,496 Posts
Hmmm...k, when I try and post an image using the image tab in the reply box, it turns out like this then tells me the link is invalid when I try and post...

...but when I just type in the image brackets and c/p the link between them it works fine...

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,976 Posts
All of your hard work is appreciated! Thank you!

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,345 Posts
I have no options buttons in Safari and when I type a reply it crunches all my text. I can't add paragraph breaks. This is what my advanced reply window looks like:

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,976 Posts
Before the upgrade, I could change the size and position (left/center/right) of an image I was posting, by clicking on a pencil icon on the upper left of the image. Either that function went away with the upgrade or the controls have changed and I'm too stupid to figure out where they are.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
I noticed that when someone quotes someone that it no longer shows who the quote was from. It would be nice if we could see the person being quoted again. Less confusion that way.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,345 Posts
I noticed that when someone quotes someone that it no longer shows who the quote was from. It would be nice if we could see the person being quoted again. Less confusion that way.
seems to be working now.
so are the features I was missing that I mentioned earlier.

Thanks veraderock!

Reactions: larry

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,496 Posts
Can someone please help Andy 22/308? He can not post or send a PM. Since the upgrade his text box has completely disappeared.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,496 Posts
testing a remote image upload...

View attachment 13266

Ok, that image URL issue should be fixed now too :)
Belated thanks! All looks great now. :smile5:

Heck, it even fixed a weird post editing issue I've been having as well as I haven't seen the invisible link issue yet either. Shweet!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts