National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy a sig sauer p226 and they make a version with a threaded barrel and a version with a non-threaded barrel. *I was wondering if the threaded/unthreaded barrels are interchangeable?

Some areas have made threaded barrels illegal so an unthreaded barrel would give me more versatility in that respect. *Also, I don't plan on buying a suppressor for at least 6 months so I probably wouldn't need a threaded barrel for a while anyway.

I think the version with the unthreaded barrel is a few dollars cheaper as well. *So sorry about the newbie question but I just wanted to validate if the threaded and unthreaded barrels are interchangeable?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Where do you live?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Per fitting with state law of course, simply interchanging the barrels should be just as simple as that. The threading is on the outside and extends past the frame/muzzle. Barrel dimensions are exact same.

Again, I don't know your laws on it (though it's TX so…..). FInd out your laws then go from there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks - that's a great answer and it seems to make perfect sense.

pistols should be modular so it makes sense that threaded/non-threaded barrels should be interchangeable.

SoCal doesn't have much love for gun owners but at least u guys have L&L Hawaiin BBQ - that place is good :)

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I know that its an easy swap for the Glocks. The Lone Wolf barrels will drop right in and work perfectly.

Never tried it with the sigs but I don't know why that would not work fine too. Check with some of the aftermarket barrel mfgs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Springfield Hellcat and want to trade my barrel out for a threaded one, Can it be done?

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Same as above -- yes

You just need to find the right barrel for your model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts