National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shooter, reloader and gun tinkerer. Always looking for others experiences, especially with new pistols. I have a number of pistols and revolvers. latest is the Canik Mete sfx which I really like. Intersting thing about it is it doesn't like reloaded ammo. Shoots mfg. Federal 124 gr and Remington 115 without a hiccup ,very accurate. My first problem with reloads was poor ejection and stovepipes. I took those apart and moved up the load and used a faster powder. Same issue. Plunk test was done and no problems. Caliper measurements were the same as manufactured ammo.
Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
14,493 Posts
Factory loads are always at the top end of the pressure range. Well, mostly.

Crank up the power or get new slide springs with lower compressions.

--Wag--

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
30,715 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your at the top of the load with your T.G. What other powders do you have on hand? 5.5 grains of CFE pistol might do the trick.
Yes, I know that is the max recomended load for TG. I had used HP 38 3.9 grains but getting stovepipes and short throw extractions, I thought a faster burning powder might solve the problem. I only have HP 38 and Titegroup on hand.

·
Aim true !
13,775 Posts
I find slower burning powders work better for break-in. For now until you get more powder. Get a lower power spring like Wag suggested. Wolf springs are good quality.

·
Live Free
4,361 Posts
4.1 grains titegroup 124 grain Berrys bullet, assorted brass
According to Hodgdon that is maximum for the Berry’s hollow base 124. But it appears Titegroup does not have what it takes to cycle the action on the new pistol. I would change powder not springs, unless you want to always shoot that light of load. If you change springs and shoot hotter loads you may gradually beat your gun up. Other bullet manufacturers run as high as 4.4 for their bullets of same weight, but that is not necessarily a path to take. I would switch powders. Try CFE Pistol, you won’t be disappointed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts