National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm Darrell. I've been shooting for about 42 years, but mostly shotguns and rifles.

I'm ex Navy, ex Civilian Nuke, and doing what I love now, a truck driver. Mostly local asphalt/emulsion, but I spend most of the summer on overnight runs in the midwest. Currently doing a Twin Cities to Iowa run (filling sister company tanks with asphalt while it's cheap).

Throughout my life I've shot a .32 Beretta (my first shoot ever, a Spanish Police WW2 sidearm), 8 mm Mauser 1918, Marlin .22 rifle, Mossberg and Remington shot guns, Ruger 22/45, Colt .45 ACP Double Eagle (my favorite), SIG .357, Taurus 692, SCCY CPX-2, Colt 1911, and in the Navy, Browning .50 cal swivel mount, 20 mm anti everything, grenade launcher, and I'm currently in the search for a CCW. Renting guns at ranges to see what I like and what feels good. The CPX-2 was supposed to be my CCW, but I'm dangerous and inconsistent with it. I think its the trigger weight so I'll be doing spring work on it. Meanwhile, the rentals I'm the best with are the H&K VP9, Walther PPQ, and Glock 17 and 48. Trying to analyze my range results.

Oh, and I'm in love with Beretta Tomcats, mostly the 3032. I'm buying one next weekend. For some reason, it fascinates me and I love it. I'm not normally a fan of micro guns, but the Tomcat is a "must have" for me.

·
Aim true !
11,094 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,975 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Welcome. Although we like a multitude of firearms, we all have our favorites.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This weekend I went to a different range. With a vet's discount, $30 a month for unlimited use, rentals, and bring a friend. Shot a friends Taurus 911, which was a very easy shoot. Comfortable and accurate. Tried a CZ P-10C, but at the end of the day it was a toss up between the Springfield 1911-A1 9mm and the CZ 75 SP 01. Both were heavy enough to feel right in my hands, and accuracy was identical. Price is comparable, and this makes it all more confusing. Previously, the Walther PPQ was my best rental, but at a different range, I can't compare these guns side by side. The Springfield sights were terrible as they were just iron sights, no good on black targets. But that is easily remedied. The CZ 75 was also heavy enough, great sights, and very accurate. So, of these guns, which seem to be the most reliable, in your opinion? A side note, I was offered a Taurus 1911 for $350 {used}. No chance to shoot with it, but the trigger feels good to me in dry fire.

·
Aim true !
11,094 Posts
The 1911 format is my favorite. Taurus ones i have not tried. All my 1911's are Rock island. Except my 22 lr ones. But they are not 100% 1911. I would check to see if Taurus warranty transfers to second owners. Rock island does. I have other taurus firearms and they been holding well.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

1 - 16 of 16 Posts