National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, My name is Keith Horchens and I grew up around guns and Gunsmithing, My dad was An Armourer In the Marine Corps In Korea, And Later went on To become a Gunsmith at Empire Sporting Goods in Flushing NY. when I was a Child. He often took me to the shop and out shooting with him, I remember fondly the first time firing his 1911 Service weapon, mistakenly holding it like it was a Revolver and having the slide take a long bite out of my left thumb, a lesson that I have NEVER forgotten! (He Head Dusted me pretty hard for dropping his precious Handgun, And I still where the scar from it to this day!) I have held Several jobs that have allowed me the privilege of carrying while on the job, The first was working for an armed ATM service company in Arizona named Elyte ATM Services. From there I tried to get a job with the Phoenix Police Dept. But my right knee blew out during the testing course, so that ended that. My next job was an unarmed job for a Security company called Cauley Detective Agency in Pittsburgh, PA. I also did Bouncing for a number of bars in Pittsburgh's South Side area mostly on E. Carson St., Chifley at Dee's Cafe, Lava Lounge, Z Lounge, and at the White Eagle's Social Club on Freyburg and 11th St., I also worked at the King's Court briefly in Oakland. I worked at Dee's and the Eagle's for around 25 years. My next Armed service was for Dunbar Armored also in Pittsburgh, Pa. I only lasted there for a year before an old ankle injury put me out of work while I had to have it reconstructed, unfortunately since then my health has only deteriorated from there and am now have been on SSI Disability for the last 10 Years. I have only listed the jobs that have either Security or Armed services in this list of my past jobs, But I have experience in a great many other fields, including Construction, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Automotive, Painting, Trucking, Cable Work, Cooking, Bodywork, Carpentry, Sales, et. al. Jack of all trades Master of None. I do Plan On going to The School Of GunSmithing Here In Pittsburgh (Avalon) PA. To become the second Gen In the family to be a Gunsmith and open my own shop, Something my Father was never able to accomplish.

Reactions: Torpedo

· Registered
8,212 Posts
Welcome aboard. I always remember the lessons that left their mark better than the ones that didn't.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah you always remember the the ones that leave their marks on you!

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,019 Posts
Welcome from NC!

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
Welcome from NJ!
You left off some details on your resume like your SS# and current phone number. If you could just go to your local gun store and pick up a 4473 form, fill it out completely and up load it to this site our admins will file it for you.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stamps6 Yeah I think I overshared a LITTLE bit.:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.