National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What am I missing? It’s a good gun and a classic design, but I don’t get the love. I can tell it is quality and can see why people like the gun but I feel like, based on reviews and reputation, that I should be in love with it. Good trigger, accurate, BUT I shoot my little Walther PPS M2 better. What is the deal? I want to sell it for a PPQ or Glock 19. I don’t hate the gun but I’m not sure why I don’t feel the same way as so many other people. It’s also not nostalgic to me. I just now, in my 30’s, got into firearms so I didn’t grow up with Barrera 92’s or 1911’s or “I remember my grandpa’s old wonder 9 was a beaut,” sort of stuff so that could be why? Appreciate the input

·
Live Free
2,879 Posts
You are not necessarily missing anything, you just have preferences. My preferences are pretty much the opposite of yours; I enjoy a CZ75 and I really like 1911’s. But I honestly do not care much at all for Glocks (putting it mildly :smile5:) and I am not high on most polymer striker fired guns, though I do own a few. But the point is you just like different guns, and it sounds like you prefer stuff coming out in your generation. That is a-okay! Enjoy what you like and be safe!
Welcome to NGF!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
the cz75 was literally best of breed for an all steel da/sa.......back in its day. It was an "iron curtain" gun with mystic......

jeff cooper more or less endorsed it.....and back then cooper was a driving force in the gun community as the founder of Gunsite and also IPSC. World championships have been won with cz variants of the 75......and i do believe it is still a competative design nowadays.....though i do not keep up with ipsc much.

times and tastes change....i use to own a cz85.....not a thing wrong with the gun,,,,but my preferences have changed.

Reactions: RMLamp

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the responses. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing something wrong or had the wrong idea. I’m glad to be a part of the group

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
They're like pencils. Some like a #2 some might like a 2-1/2. Some may prefer mechanical.

There are lot's of "good" guns just like everything else. Everyone has preferences hence the variety of choices. A good gun is one of quality that works well and you shoot it well. You may learn to shoot it well you may not. That CZ is just not for you.

·
Registered
531 Posts
It's for Old Guys, like me.

Actually, I have zero interest in it because I have no interest in pistols chambered for the teeny-weeny europellet. But if I had chronic wasting disease and couldn't hold a pistol chambered in something useful, or, if I was a Nazi sympathizer, or, for some other bizarre reason wanted a pistol in 9mm, the CZ75s would be top of the list...

·
Aim true !
10,297 Posts
It didn't turn into a caliber discussion. The gun shoots 9mm yes.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
caliber debates can get interesting, make pages of discussions, sell gun rags, etc, etc.............:cornut:

and the 75 does i believe still come in a 40 cal as well.........

the cz97 is a beast......as a 45 its just too large and too much trigger reach for me.

loved to carry the 85 cocked and locked.......in da mode...not so much.....too much trigger reach there as well for me...

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
14 Posts
Shoot what you like. I have a SP-01 that's a fine gun for me.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't have a CZ 75, I have a different classic gun, the 1911, which I really like. Even so, I am looking at some S&W revolvers, in .38 and .357; because I like guns in general. And a S&W revolver is a good looking gun.

PS: CZ has sold millions of copies of the CZ 75 to armies and cops and civilians. It is that good. I saw a compact CZ recently, and it was a good looking, and handy sized gun. I would get one, if the price was right. That one was a Mossad model, and the price was $400, and I passed on it.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I completely agree it’s me and not the gun, haha. It just isn’t the best in my hands I guess?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I completely agree it’s me and not the gun, haha. It just isn’t the best in my hands I guess?
How a gun feels in your hand is important, and it is no big deal if you don't like the feel of CZ-75. You will find a lot of guns that you like the feel of, and how well they shoot.

I did not like the Beretta's fat grip, until I shot one, and now I love it. I can shoot it very well, and I had a misconception about it.

·
Aim true !
10,297 Posts
Not every gun will feel the same to everyone. My Hi-points fit the worst to me. But i still can shoot them well.

Reactions: MisterMills357

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not every gun will feel the same to everyone. My Hi-points fit the worst to me. But i still can shoot them well.
I'm that way with full-size Glocks, they feel clunky and uncomfortable, but my groups with them are almost as tight as with my 1911.

I've shot a CZ75 before, I like it, but as others have said, it's not for everyone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I appreciate the input a feel better about it just not being a good fit. I was certain I’d like the more solid feeling metal frame but I love shooting my small poly Walther PPS better. I guess you just like what you like?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The thing to remember is you make decisions on like or not on how it fits you and how you shoot the gun. I don't dislike any of the guns mentioned including revolvers but I own some that I shoot well and others that I really shoot well. Just because they fit me better. It is all in how they fit you. Just just the hand but mentally also. Our head makes decisions that deep down we don't realize.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I want to add to my previous post that everything is right as far as shooting but yet it doesn't feel right. You may not know the reason and many of us have had that feeling. I started out with a 1911 in the military and to this day I still prefer it. But my head tells me I need to look elsewhere also. Guess that is why my collection is getting bigger. LOL It is not that I can't fire any other pistol and not get good hits it is just they are not for me to carry day in and day out. I'll never sell any of them. I enjoy shooting them to much.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts