National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Live Free
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I finally got an opportunity to get some range time. With moving and all the mess that goes with that, I have not been to a range in a few months. Here in west Texas there are no public ranges that I know of so I had to join a club; but it is a good small group. The range is excellent with plenty of steel to shoot for handgun or rifle, ranges out to 400 yards (actually 395) and paper from 7 to 100.
Took my Howa mini out for a few rounds and was pleasantly surprised at my initial sight in check at 100...good rifle! Makes me look a lot better than I really shoot... Shot some steel for a bit after that at 220 and 400. It was great just to shoot a bit; looking forward to more!

·
Live Free
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh, more illustrates the quality of the rifle...I was shooting from a good bench rest. Now if I could do that free standing...that would be something!

·
Live Free
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice shoot-n Tex! Has it been hard getting accepted into a new area?
People are pretty friendly here, but not necessarily outgoing. We are slowly connecting with most of our neighbors and with folks in town. The folks at the range are pretty awesome. Folks in NW Iowa were more outgoing, but folks here are friendly and once you get to know em a bit...they are pretty awesome folks!

·
Premium Member
2,752 Posts
Little brother has a Howa M1500 Creedmoor American Flag edition. Gonna tell him this is the bar by which he’ll be measured 😂

·
Live Free
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Little brother has a Howa M1500 Creedmoor American Flag edition. Gonna tell him this is the bar by which he’ll be measured 😂
Hahaha! I bet his Creedmore shoots pretty good too! This is my first Howa...likely not my last though.

·
Live Free
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, mine is the Mini action in 6.5 Grendel. I have a Savage in 6.5 Creedmore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts