National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shooting is something I grew up with. My step dad taught me, and I've been
Away from it for a while. I'm looking to get back on it again. My shrink recomended
A stress releaving activity that has a little more heft than guitar playing, lol.

He asked me if I could think of anything and shooting came up.

I plan on picking up a pistol, I have an idea of what I want.

Either a Sig "Nightmare" 1911, a Sig Tac-Ops P226, or a Hk USP V1.

Help me out here, they're all exceptional guns.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,986 Posts
Greetings and Salutations.

You may get better results if you post your question in our Semi-Auto Pistols forum.

·
Super Moderator
13,605 Posts
It sounds like you only need something for target practice and as such, you may want to pick up something that has very low ammo costs. Something with .22LR or 9mm. Even a 38 special revolver.

It's more about what you're doing out there than what caliber of round you shoot. As such, keep your costs low but at the same time, get a pistol that is high quality so you're not battling the gun all the time if it malfunctions.

--Wag--

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a rugar 22 pistol for target practice. Very accurate and the ammo is cheap. Is a great way to practice ones aim and to shake off the stress of the day.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Well Mr.Johnny If ya have to have a .45 allow me to add Rock Island armory an excellent .45 at about half the cost.But if you have to have a sig I`ll ride with the 226. But if your open to a few suggestions..S and Ws M&P 9mm 17 round mag I get the agression out with that one & I`m reloading about half the time I`ll spend more time enjoying the shoot rather than reloading

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.