National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
27,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Surveillance video taken outside a New Mexico store shows the moments a teen mom tossed her unwanted newborn into a dumpster – and the rescuers who pulled her to safety five hours later.

"I got a call about 8:30 on Friday, and Hobbs PD said, ‘Hey Joe are your cameras working out back?’" Joe Imbriale, the owner of Rig Outfitters, told Fox News Digital. "They said we have a crime scene."

At first, he thought someone had broken into the store. But the video showed a woman pulling up in a white car around 2 p.m. MT Friday, unceremoniously tossing a black bag from the backseat into the dumpster and driving off.

The video shows a woman pulling up in a white car around 2 p.m. MT Friday, unceremoniously tossing a black bag from the backseat into the dumpster and driving off.

The video shows a woman pulling up in a white car around 2 p.m. MT Friday, unceremoniously tossing a black bag from the backseat into the dumpster and driving off. (Joe Imbriale/Rig Outfitters)

More than five hours later, the cameras show a group of people fishing through the dumpster and pulling the baby out. They had heard the baby crying inside, Imbriale said.

One of them wraps the child in a blanket as another makes a call on his cellphone. Police arrive within minutes.

A short while later, investigators called Imbriale and asked if they could review his surveillance cameras, he told Fox News Digital Monday.

"They said we’re looking for somebody that dumped a black garbage bag in your dumpster, and I knew right then, I turned to the office and said, ‘Please don’t tell me it’s a baby,’" he said.

The room got emotional, he said, but one of the officers interjected: "The baby’s still alive. Don’t worry."

After reviewing the video, Hobbs police charged the mother, 18-year-old Alexis Avila, with attempted murder and child abuse. They said she confessed to investigators.

An ambulance brought the baby to a nearby hospital. The child was then taken to another one in Lubbock, Texas, where she is in stable condition.

Police said they would hold a news conference with more information Monday afternoon, after her expected arraignment in district court.

All 50 states have "safe haven" laws that allow newborn children to be surrendered safely to a designated location, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

There is a special place in hell for this woman. 🤬 :mad: 🤬 :mad: 🤬

·
Registered
20,805 Posts
"All 50 states have "safe haven" laws that allow newborn children to be surrendered safely to a designated location, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services."

Hmmmmmm.....odd.............but I can't recall the last time I saw a Public Service Announcement delivering this information. EVIDENTLY THE MESSAGE FROM U.S. Dept. HHS ISN'T GETTING OUT!

·
Aim true !
12,724 Posts
Wow very sad. Our local hospital has a safe haven. They have a bassinet set up for it. This reminds me of a line in Neal Youngs Rockin in the free world song.

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
That baby is a survivor. 5 hours zipped in a black bag in a dumpster.
Hope the kid grows good and strong and looks up this POS in about 18 years.
Bet the liberals are just fine with that. No different than an abortion.

·
Live Free
3,875 Posts
It would seem the hand of God preserved this little one. I am thankful for his life.

When I saw this on the news yesterday evening I immediately thought that young woman was the most despicable. But thinking on and praying a bit I am reminded that she is no worse than the many of us. Caught in a panic and not knowing a good answer she committed this atrocity. By doing so, she reminds us all of how depraved we have become as a society. She did the unthinkable! Yet we have been aborting babies in third trimester and calling it a woman’s choice for years! I am guessing, but I think this young woman also made a similar choice, whereas if she had gone to an abortion mill a few weeks, even days, prior she might have been able to kill him legally in New Mexico. Think about it…

Americans think so little of the precious wonder of life that we have decided to call abortion “choice” instead of the reality of homicide because lots of folks want to have their sex without being responsible for the results. We have perverted sexual intercourse into nothing but satisfying our lust and are quite content to kill any problem that may arise from our actions. We are irresponsible and murderous. In order to claim some sort of righteousness we have state sponsored means where a baby can be dumped off into caring hands, but still will grow up without parents…

·
Live Free
3,875 Posts
That baby is a survivor. 5 hours zipped in a black bag in a dumpster.
Hope the kid grows good and strong and looks up this POS in about 18 years.
Bet the liberals are just fine with that. No different than an abortion.
Actually I suspect liberals will scream at the atrocity committed so they can appear righteous even though they are simply hypocrites.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
It would seem the hand of God preserved this little one. I am thankful for his life.

When I saw this on the news yesterday evening I immediately thought that young woman was the most despicable. But thinking on and praying a bit I am reminded that she is no worse than the rest of us. Caught in a panic and not knowing a good answer she committed this atrocity. By doing so, she reminds us all of how depraved we have become as a society. She did the unthinkable! Yet we have been aborting babies in third trimester and calling it a woman’s choice for years! I am guessing, but I think this young woman also made a similar choice, whereas if she had gone to an abortion mill a few weeks, even days, prior she might have been able to kill him legally in New Mexico. Think about it…

We think so little of the precious wonder of life that we have decided to call abortion “choice” instead of the reality of homicide because lots of folks want to have their sex without being responsible for the results. We have perverted sexual intercourse into nothing but satisfying our lust and are quite content to kill any problem that may arise from our actions. We are irresponsible and murderous. In order to claim some sort of righteousness we have state sponsored means where a baby can be dumped off into caring hands, but still will grow up without parents…
Who is this We and rest of us you speak of?
Please do not include me in their ranks.

·
Live Free
3,875 Posts
Who is this We and rest of us you speak of?
Please do not include me in their ranks.
In my writing I spoke of Americans as a nation when referring to “we” and ”the rest of us” as we are far from perfect and often quite hypocritical. I was not seeking to offend any individual, simply pointing out where America is today. Feel free to exclude yourself…

·
Super Moderator
13,326 Posts
This is why I hate to watch the news. I hadn't heard about this one until now.

I'm actually without words at this point.

--Wag--

Reactions: bc38

·
Registered
91 Posts
"All 50 states have "safe haven" laws that allow newborn children to be surrendered safely to a designated location, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services."

Hmmmmmm.....odd.............but I can't recall the last time I saw a Public Service Announcement delivering this information. EVIDENTLY THE MESSAGE FROM U.S. Dept. HHS ISN'T GETTING OUT!
The Gov. is too busy "reminding" us to; wear a mask, get vaccinated, stop smoking, buckle up, don't have the family/friends around during the holidays, etc, than to remind us DON"T KILL YOUR CHILDREN. then on the other hand you wouldn't think that you would have to tell people that.

·
Registered
15,827 Posts
What a disgusting excuse for a human being. I could be wrong but i believe most states have safe haven laws where you can bring a baby to a hospital, fire or police station and probably some other places as well.
Democrats probably will just call this a late term abortion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts