National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Dave and I live in central PA.I am a machinist/die maker of 32yrs.Just pasted the half century mark this year.Been a gun enthusiast forever.I am mainly a handgun shooter but I have my favorite rifles too. Shot in several different types of rifle and handgun competitions over the years.At the present I am not involved in any formal shooting sports ,just informal practice for hunting and enjoyment.I enjoy reloading and casting bullets for shooting.Its the only way I can afford to shoot a lot!! Have three great children and a wonderful wife of 29yrs.(if you mistake that for her age I am sure she will not object)We all shoot.
I hope I may be able to contribute something to the forum.
I am sure I will learn a thing or two.
Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave!

Sounds like we have a lot in common - 12 years older
but everything matches up - I was born in Phila. - mom's
family has been there before Willy Penn. Matter of fact,
I'm going back in a couple of weeks just to say hi and
see the Fall colors ... and a smidgen of work, too.

Welcome aboard! This is a fun and friendly place. Hope you
kick off your shoes and swap some lies with us!

Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zipperzap,
Got a brother and sister in law in La Mesa.Wife and I have been out to visit six or seven times in the past ten years.Beautiful area,great weather,but I miss the PA mountains and green landscape after a week or two.
Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand, Dave. I've been here for 51 years - came in the Spring of 1956. Although I travel back to Phila. every couple of years, this feels like home. Two weeks in the Spring and two in the Fall are breathtaking out there!

I used to sleep with my head in La Mesa and my feet in San Diego - the city line went right through our bedroom when we were first married and living in an apartment!
:D

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Glad to have you here, Dave.

Welcome!

~Rick
a/k/a "The Gunrunner"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts