National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was after reading Bill to eliminate handgun carry permit requirement fails, that I went searching for more info about it. When I didn't turn up much, I went looking for forums and discussions about guns & the gun laws in various states. In Tennessee, from what I understand in order to 'open-carry' you are still required to have a permit. Thus doing so is no longer a right as our great-grandfathers had, but a privilege nowadays...for now anyway. :wink:

In my search, I turned up a video (below) which I found particularly insightful...
Man Exercises Open-Carry Rights By Carrying Loaded Assault Rifle In Airport

Very neat the guy knew the gun laws so well and kept his cool about himself, when questioned. :thumbsup: Not rude, just confident and terse with the (airport-appointed) authorities.

Anyway as for me, I'm lucky to still be on our family farm after over almost 200 years now. Our log barn was constructed in 1840 and is still standing. I retired a few years ago and am finding more time to pursue some of my interests now, one of which is guns and tangled maze of the laws concerning them.

The first gun I ever bought was an UZI, while my favorite pistol is probably a Glock. I love the fact it has no safety (to flip off) and is ready to pickup and use at a moment's notice.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,458 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Welcome aboard. I relearned a lesson after I retired. How in the world did I ever have time to work? I spend full time with my toys now.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How in the world did I ever have time to work?
ha, ha I too had heard people say that, but never realized exactly how true it really was until I myself quit work. Nowadays, life is a LOT more about fun things and helping others when I can.

Thanxx for all the Welcomes, I look forward to perusing many-a-thread on here!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Greetings and Welcome to the Forum

Howdy, I only have a 60 rnd pmag drum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts