National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined NGF and looking forward to discussions on various topics. I'm a Navy veteran, retired businessman, and LTC holder in the Dallas, Texas area. I'm active with local police citizens support organizations and and neighborhood watch group.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,030 Posts
Welcome from NC!

· Registered
6,726 Posts
welcome.......interesting times in dallas these days..........

· Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used to live in Garland about 50 years ago. I also remember Plano well. Back then, we called it "hurricane alley" Anyway. welcome to NGF from Arizona.
I've lived in Garland for over 50 years. If you have not been back since then you would absolutely not recognize Garland or Plano.

I honestly don't recall ever referring to Garland or Plano either one as "hurricane alley"...I thought that was for Florida and the gulf coast.

I love Arizona. Used to have a lot of business in Phoenix (really in Tempe and Ahwatukee) and some in Tucson. Hot, hot, hot !!

· AZHerper
6,341 Posts
I've lived in Garland for over 50 years. If you have not been back since then you would absolutely not recognize Garland or Plano.

I honestly don't recall ever referring to Garland or Plano either one as "hurricane alley"...I thought that was for Florida and the gulf coast.

I love Arizona. Used to have a lot of business in Phoenix (really in Tempe and Ahwatukee) and some in Tucson. Hot, hot, hot !!
I said "hurricane alley". Just a brain fart from an old fart. I meant "tornado alley". More than one tornado ravaged the same trailer park in Plano when we lived in Garland.

· Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And Garland has had a couple of major tornadoes in the last few years. Couple of years ago a big one down on I-30, and another one last year that skipped right across the middle of Garland. Went right over out house but had already lifted a ways south west of us. Scared the crap out of us though, and i grew up in Kansas City....now that was really tornado alley back in those days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.