National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I posted last night, asking for help with a gun import issue, and one of the (very quick) people to respond mentioned I should introduce myself, so here it is:

I live in and attend college in Michigan, and so far only have two guns, a very cheap .22 bolt-action something-or-other, and a Remington 870 12 gauge.

I'm thinking for this Christmas to try to get some kind of WWI-Vietnam era bolt-action or semi-auto rifle, something that I could use for plinking and hunting. Any suggestions? (Keep in mind since I'm in college my budget is small--I can come up with about $300-400 probably)

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Welcome from down in the swamp. Enjoy. You might look at one of these a Mosin-Nagant. Get ahold of BangBang and he can tell you more about them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Nebraska welcomes you

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Welcome from the Kalamazoo/South Haven area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all!

Hey, bigweatherby, we're pretty close, I'm SW Michigan too--Berrien area.

And baldy, I'll talk to BangBang.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Cool! Looks like we will be getting some snow soon! Do you hunt?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Mexico.:thumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It's good to know that gun people are all over the states :)

And no, I haven't hunted. I was going to during shotgun season last year, but I ended up being out of the country from the exact day it started to the exact day it ended. Can't complain too much though--it was good to get a bit of warm, South American weather. Although I am looking forward to the snow too--I haven't snowmobiled in too long. I think I'm gonna have to wait on this season, too--I'm going through a year's worth of school in about five and a half months... not as good an idea as it seemed when I signed up :)

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

·
5,082 Posts
Welcome from DFW Texas...hang inthere on the school...will be worth it...

regards,

1shot1k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts