National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I was browsing one day and I liked what I saw when I came across this forum. I live just on the eastside of Indianapolis where I have lived my whole life so it gets pretty boring. I'm 22 and I love shooting and so does my fience which by the way is in the military. We have a small collection of Firearms that we love to go out and shoot. Some that we both love is learning new things and learning more about things we already know. When I first started shooting I caught on real quick. learning how to read wind and estimating distance, but unfortunately here in Indiana we can only hunt with rifles with Handgun Cartridges. Thats all I really got for now.

Thanks For Taking The Time To Read My Post

Marc

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm new as well, but welcome to the forum. If ya get too bored drive north an hour, and lets shoot. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds good. i need to get my Handi rifle sighted but that thing beats the crap out of me. what the farthest distance you can shoot up there?

my pride and joy my .223

·
Registered
677 Posts
The range I go to most of the time is 200 yards max. There's a 900 yard range about 30 min from me, but I don't like their range. The firing line is NOT parallel with the target line. I have no idea why. They may have changed it since I was there last, I'm not sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
200yds. would be perfect for me. cause i need to get my .223 and 30-06 sighted for a farther distance than 100yds, and when i hunt in Alabama 200yds is about the average distance i have to shoot. if you are up for shooting say on saturday that would be awesome cause i could get my handi rifle sighted for hunting on sunday :D

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Marc, from the middle of NM. Glad you like what you see. We're a pretty laid-back bunch but definitely have some strong opinions. Jump in and have fun.

~Rick
a/k/a "The Gunrunner"

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Welcome Marc...glad you could join us here.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,705 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Hi Marc! Welcome to NGF. I started my Accounting career in Indy many years ago. Lived out in Lawerence Township by the old Army Fort. Have family up in the Carmel area now. Glad to have you with us.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ft. Benjamin Harrison... i know exactly where that is. I went to College in the Theodore Roosevelt Building and work at The FT. Golf Course. also the got a pretty good size comesary there and i need to stop by there soon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts