National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how's it going I'm new to this site but always had a real interest and respect for guns big fan of the fn five seven and m4 I'm currently in progress of joining my local police department and plan on taking some gun course at my local gun range the gun of choice I've been told to get is the smith and Wesson Sd9ve because it will be my first time shooting in a long time but I'm trying to learn as much as I can about cleaning and maintenance all advice and tips are welcomed eager and thirst for all knowledge available about guns and rifles

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Missouri cow pasture. Go slow. Do lots of research. Many shooting ranges have rental firearms. Test lots of them. You will be looking for a firearm that will deliver good stopping power, but doesn't try to break your wrist every time you shoot it. The 5.7 Fn is a high cap. magazine semi Auto. From what I hear they are great pistols. You get about 15 or so tires. Do you home work and you won't need all of them. Pray that you will never need any of them on or off The Job.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,179 Posts
Welcome from NC!

If you get on board with your local PD, remember most of the people you encounter will be law-abiding citizens like yourself and your family. There is no need to treat them like crap. A little mutual respect goes a l--o--n--g way.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Welcome and glad to have you.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,602 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea Im a big fan of respect and common sense alot of people deserve respect and patience because a weapon should be the last resort I have a high value respect for weapons and their capabilities as well as my fellow man

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Hello ghostofgrey greetings from the GREAT WHITE NORTH and welcome to the forum .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the fn five seven but imma get the smith and Wesson Sd9ve to learn with and practice with I heard that this model won't do that much damage to my wrist and is great for begginers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts