National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Just signed up im from NY living in VA working 23/m... I am prior Army four years.. travelled all over the world... Telecommunications Engineer

I rather newish into the gun world.. But finally have the money to get what i want..

My collection

Colt m4 LE6920
Glock 23 .40
Glock 38 .45
Walther P22
Mossberg 500a
Rem 700 7mm Mag
Tuarus PT 111 9mm
few others basic shotfuns... long rifle .22Lr's few other mom and pops..

My dilema... finding a scope for my new Rem 700 mentioned above.. help me out..

Lemme know whats up.. guns.. military.. travel.. politics..

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Welcome from down in the swamp. Can't help you with a scope but I am sure Gunrnr or one of the fellows can. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us. My only recommendation for a scope is that folks usually overdo it. Even though your 7mm Mag can shoot accurately at 1K yds., can you and do you need to?Would you be hunting anwhere that you would need a scope that would? So my point is that, rather than shelling out over $2K for a scope that is capable of clearly imaging a gnat's ass at a thousand yards, perhaps a $600.00 scope that gives you the necessary resolution at 500 yds might do. Fact is, despite their egos, most hunters -- even very experienced ones -- have no business taking shots at even 500 yds.

KYPD,

~Rick
a/k/a "The Gunrunner"

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Welcome.

Where are you staying, I live in Ffx County?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am living in Lynchburg, and working in Amherst..and i can say i love VA so far! Plus can say home of the NRA too.. thats always a plus!:thumbsup:..

As for my scope.. i tend i will be using it for range,target and competition.. not so much hunting (never know though) I want clear vision for targets from 300-500 yrds.. Thats my goal.. and obvioulsy im just a amatuer learning.. having fun so a couple grand scope isnt my ideal.. but ya know.. I am a huge fan of cheaper then dirt..I been looking through theres.. trying to find my way..

and thank you all!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out item#42515 on Cheaper Than Dirt. It's as good a scope as you will need, or you can pay a little more for a Zeiss. The Zeiss is in my opinion marginally better, but I will not pay that much for a scope again. I have a couple burris scopes and they are fine products. So are the top shelf Sightrons. Both are reasonably priced.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Welcom to the National Gun Forum form the NW.

Make sure you take the time to visit the NRA museum while in the Fairfax VA area. Quite a place.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,708 Posts
Greetings and Salutations.

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
Hello from Michigan

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome from a fellow veteran! Looks like a nice collection you got there!

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Land of Lincoln.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Welcome to the board.

And +1 Gun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts