National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my names Keith, today i went and bought my first gun. Mossberg Maverick 88.12ga Alot lf my buddies from work hunt and build guns and are into guns. Ive never had one(im into building motorcycles) so i thought id buy a cheap one and see how i liked it. I joined because i live with my grandad, and just found out hes a felon. Will he or I get in trouble? As far as I know the gun isnt registered. Its brand new and we live in kentucky. My record is clean. Someone please help i dont wanna get us into anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi my name is Brandon and if you have any questions send email to PLEASE PM FOR EMAIL ADDRESS yes your grand dad can get in trouble for having a firearm in the same house he is in because it is not registered to you

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Welcome from MIchigun!

·
Registered
982 Posts
So how do i register it?
Most states do not require any form of registration for long guns or for that matter short guns. However, keep in mind that laws regarding gun registration vary from state to state so your local laws apply.

As to your grandfather? This also can vary from state to state how the gun is secured. Bottom line is generally that your grandfather can't have access to use of the gun. This can be as simple as a trigger lock.

Ron

·
Jesus Saves
8,069 Posts
1) Not sure of the answer but I would think one would check these things out before buying a gun (couldn't you have used/borrowed one of your buddies guns?).
2) TONS of smart people here, but the best legal advice would not be from a forum (as it has been strongly recommended on here before)
3) With all due respect, I personally would not PM anyone for an email address unless they had many more posts other than "2"

4) ....and most important, Welcome to NGF - from Illinois

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,163 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

1 - 10 of 10 Posts