National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright. Here's a quick rundown of how I came to own a gun.

5:30am May 19th, I was stabbed eleven times. Eight in my shoulder, One in my lower back (near my kidney), One in my chest, and one in my forearm. Luckily none of the stabs hit anything vital.

I got out my front door, and headed for my neighbor's house to call for help (yelling the whole way). This guy tried to stop me, and I knocked him to the ground. I jumped on him and pinned his wrists by the sides of his head until police arrived guns drawn.

Caught at the scene of the crime covered in my blood, with his knife dropped on my front porch. He's in prison facing attempted murder and burglary charges.

I now own a Smith & Wesson Model 10 .38 Special. Yesterday was the first time I took it to a range and tested it out. I had the ATI Pistol Range recommended to me, good people and 5 minutes from my house. I found some great step by step instruction for cleaning here, which made it easy for me to handle that yesterday after getting home.

I'm glad to have come across this board.

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
Wow. Quite an ordeal. Glad that you came through it alright. Welcome to the ranks of gun owners.

And, of course,

Welcome from Texas.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Wow. Heck of a way to get into self-defense.

Glad you came out of it in once piece.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I think anybody that has been through what you faced would arm themselves to avoid a second similar incident.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Bad way to get interested in guns but happy to have you here now
Welcome

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Hey, glad you kept your head in that situation, and good to see you here now. Welcome from California!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody.

Wow. Quite an ordeal. Glad that you came through it alright. Welcome to the ranks of gun owners.

And, of course,

Welcome from Texas.
I used to live in Texas. Del Rio, I loved it there. Moved north with my family at 9.

Hey, glad you kept your head in that situation, and good to see you here now. Welcome from California!
I just kinda reacted to the situation. No thinking really, until I knocked him down. Then the only thought in my head was, "YOU CANNOT LET HIM GET AWAY!".

I'm really lucky. From pattern of wounds, it seems he didn't know how to handle a knife at all.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Glad you are still with us and chose to join our group - Welcome to the forum from the Land of Lincoln!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Glad you found NGF, looking forward to seeing you around on the boards.

KYPD,

~Rick
a/k/a "The Gunrunner"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts