National Gun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased my first gun in decades; Ruger LCP Max.

Grew up literally surrounded by guns but never owned one in my adult life till now. I'm 61 years old.

Have never been against firearms politically or had any fear of guns. Just never bothered getting one till now.

Regards to all.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
30,715 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Howdy, I have 2 lil Else Pea's, Heard about problems with the LCP Max hope you're not one of them. Make sure you get acquainted or brush up on safe handling and safety rules and enjoy.

Later you can tell us what prompted you to get a gun after all these years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy, I have 2 lil Else Pea's, Heard about problems with the LCP Max hope you're not one of them. Make sure you get acquainted or brush up on safe handling and safety rules and enjoy.

Later you can tell us what prompted you to get a gun after all these years.
No problems so far but I've only been to the range once. Shot 100 rounds of Remington FMJ with no issues. I've heard of jams using the 12rd magazine with hollow points - which is exactly what I want to use for defense. I'll let you know if I run into problems.

My motivation was more just a desire to shoot and less about safety or defense concerns. All my previous experience as a kid was with shotguns and revolvers but it was fun back then so I figured I'd give it a try. It was more fun as a kid with Dad paying for everything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts