National Gun Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, the dreaded question. How do I find out what my password is? I got a new computer today and I am trying to set up my favorites. I don't remember my password for this site and a sister site of this one. I contacted the sister site to no avail.

·
Aim true !
11,380 Posts
Is there a lost password option?

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,916 Posts
unfortunately you need your old password to reset your password.

Try using the Contact Us link and reaching out to an admin.

·
Registered
573 Posts
What browser were you using to access the forum? Also were you using the syncing option in it across all your devices?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
How did you log in on the old computer?

Everybody wants a password these days. My Nvidia app told me there was a new driver. Then a password to log in. My Razor mouse wants a password to log into the app too. I keep it as simple as possible. I also let my browsers save passwords for most sites and I stay logged in 24/7. So if you want to log in to NGF after you guess my password have at it or log into my Nvidia app. I live alone but have a password to get into my PC.

I have a dedicated laptop to do banking and financial services and that's all it's used for. The password to log in and the passwords for the different sites are a bit more complex. I use 2 step authentication when available. More inconvenient -- yes but if you want access to my money you are going to have to try harder.

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
If you had a password manager, like LastPass (free), all you need is the master password for LastPass and it will take care of all your other passwords.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coal cracker: No.
Speed: I just did.
Palancar: Edge, did not know of that option.
Yosemite Sam: Never heard of this.
But I sure am researching it now. This is a pain.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,916 Posts
I use a password manager as well and its been a godsend. I use 1password but its not free. (Its like 30 bucks a year)
Worth every dime in my opinion as it works seamlessly across all my devices.

·
Administrator
406 Posts
Alright, the dreaded question. How do I find out what my password is? I got a new computer today and I am trying to set up my favorites. I don't remember my password for this site and a sister site of this one. I contacted the sister site to no avail.
I can't show you your password cause I can't see it. All the passwords are stored with encryption for safety and security.
If you need help with resetting your password you can use the contact us link that @Speed mentioned and I will manually reset it for you and email you a temp password. After you log in with that, you can go into your user control panel and change it to something you will easily remember.
-Philip

·
Registered
175 Posts
I started by WRITING down passwords. Now my browser (Firefox) simply saves user ID's and passwords.
Chrome does the same thing.

Reactions: fixitfred

·
Registered
573 Posts
Another good password manager is Bitwarden. I use it across all our devices and the only browser it does not work with is Internet Explorer. It also has a standalone program that you can use along with the browsers..

·
Super Moderator
14,533 Posts
We have a sister forum?

Alan

Reactions: Yosemite Sam

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,916 Posts
I think what you’re referring to as a “sister forum” is one of the other eleventy billion firearms forums that Second Media Corp. (our owner) owns.

Are we aloud to mention another forum by name?
Yes, other firearms forums suggestion come up on the front page. It’s likely one of those forums

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think what you’re referring to as a “sister forum” is one of the other eleventy billion firearms forums that Second Media Corp. (our owner) owns.

Yes, other firearms forums suggestion come up on the front page. It’s likely one of those forums
It is.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Another good password manager is Bitwarden. I use it across all our devices and the only browser it does not work with is Internet Explorer. It also has a standalone program that you can use along with the browsers..
Yeah, Bitwarden is a great program. I have it, but I've been using Password Safe for so many years, I really haven't gotten myself to change over.

·
Administrator
406 Posts
1password (password manager) works very well too.
-Philip

1 - 19 of 19 Posts