National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new gun to the range today, and I gotta say, I love that gun. Everything feels fantastic about it. Until I put in the extended mag. The extended mag doesn't feel right, and feels like it throws me off a bit. Anyways, here is my report. 23 rounds (10 round magazine, and 13 round extended magazine) at 7 yards. Man I love this gun.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I got hit with some ricochet in the leg, which hurt like hell!

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
Damn dude.

I got nicked in the leg 1 time - shooting at steel targets in the late 1990s when using a 1911. It wasn't that bad, but scared me.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Good shooting there Cake. -I What the heck are they using for a back stop at that range :?: I sure don't like them coming back at me. ;)

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure how the backing is, I'll be sure to ask next time. But they have a range rule there that you aren't allowed to use half jacketed ammo, for that specific reason.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Half-jacketed? Not quite sure what that means or how that affects ricochets. I know when they were building our range complex, they actually sifted out rocks larger than 1/2" for the first several feet of the dirt that faces the shooter. It took lots of time and a bunch of extra money, but I haven't heard of that issue at our range. I did, however, have a rifle bullet land very close to me when I was coyote hunting about a mile and a half away from our range -- definitely got my attention!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts