National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm upping my game a bit and will carry this new Kimber Micro 9 Nightfall (with day/night sights) vs the Sig P238 cal. 380 I carried most often.

$649 came with two mags... But I wanted a flush mag so had to shell out $35 at GunMagWarehouse for a flush one (mag should be here next week)

Gun fits in same holster as the Sig P238

Sleeve Finger Watch Wrist Auto part

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Material property Gun accessory

Product Bag Luggage and bags Wood Textile

Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory

• Height (inches) 4.07
  • Weight (ounces) with empty magazine: 15.6
  • Length (inches): 6.1
  • Magazine capacity: 7
  • Bobbed hammer, thumb safety
  • Recoil spring (pounds): 11.5
  • Full-length guide rod
  • Hogue wrap around grips
  • Trueglo TFX sights
Trigger pull about 6.5-7lbs per my gauge

·
Aim true !
12,747 Posts
Congrats on the Kimber. I turned down a SW MP9 today. Someone painted it. They did a good job. It was 319.00. But they wouldn't do layaway. Mt Carmel guns and ammo sold the shop. New owners no layaway on used guns. Reason i wanted to do layaway. Is because i didn't want to cut into my rifle im seeking funds.

Reactions: IowaShooter

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coalcracker... Understood... I sold a Ruger LCRx .357 in order to fund this!

I'm trying to stay cash neutral (or close to that) on all my guns deals now that I downsized what I own

·
Live Free
3,882 Posts
I have been seeing them around here in almost every place guns are sold. I am wondering how well they shoot; any chance you might give a range report? Sounds like trigger pull is a little high, but actually maybe safer for a carry gun.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been seeing them around here in almost every place guns are sold. I am wondering how well they shoot; any chance you might give a range report? Sounds like trigger pull is a little high, but actually maybe safer for a carry gun.
Hope to get it to the range tomorrow and will craft a report.

The trigger feels about the same as the Sig p238 and my Sig p938 (I used to have)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats I/S.

I sure like the looks of that, especially the nice sized sights that us old guys can actually use!

·
Premium Member
Keep honking... I'm reloading!
496 Posts
I'm upping my game a bit and will carry this new Kimber Micro 9 Nightfall (with day/night sights) vs the Sig P238 cal. 380 I carried most often.

$649 came with two mags... But I wanted a flush mag so had to shell out $35 at GunMagWarehouse for a flush one (mag should be here next week)

Gun fits in same holster as the Sig P238

View attachment 130604
View attachment 130605
View attachment 130606
View attachment 130603

• Height (inches) 4.07
  • Weight (ounces) with empty magazine: 15.6
  • Length (inches): 6.1
  • Magazine capacity: 7
  • Bobbed hammer, thumb safety
  • Recoil spring (pounds): 11.5
  • Full-length guide rod
  • Hogue wrap around grips
  • Trueglo TFX sights
Trigger pull about 6.5-7lbs per my gauge
Great piece, IS... I'm confident you'll love it. My daughter picked up it's stablemate in Desert Tan with Crimson Trace Lasergrips about 6 months ago and couldn't be happier. I've had a chance to run a couple mags through it and wouldn't mind having one myself...

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's what it looks like with the flush mag and Crimson Trace laser grips.

Weighs in at 1lb 5oz (that's 21 oz for those of you from Rio Linda) fully loaded 6+1 of 147gr HST

Took it to the range yesterday and sighted in the laser at 7yds and ran the HST ammo through it

The CYA (made in USA by veterans) holster is supposed to be here tomorrow and accommodates the CT laser grip

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Air gun Bullet Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger

Product Handgun holster Sleeve Font Strap

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m going to look for a new glock this week! Any safes for the bedside y’all recommend?
I trust this Sentry Safe

It's hearty, heavy, can be affixed to furniture and has a key to open if batteries go out

Press the (6 digit code using the four keys) code and the lid pops up for quick access

Gadget Office equipment Input device Font Audio equipment

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nice snag for ya. They seem to have paid attention to quality last time I looked at a micro Kimber. I have a P938 and old model 37 for small carry guns.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just picked up a Glock 30SF .45 for a compact. The looks of that Kimber put it to shame. Can’t wait to hear the range report. Great Choice!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts