National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
I had one… loved it until I saw it was made in China

i called the company to complain… they didn’t disclose where it was made on their website… they say “made in Asia” for their products… intentionally to obfuscate the fact they had it made in China. Yes… China is in Asia… so they are technically correct… but slimely, slick SOBs

it was stamped “made in China” when I got it

I threw it in the trash and bought US made

that’s just me… YMMV

·
Registered
742 Posts
Very unfortunately, if we only bought things made in the U.S., there would be a poor selection. The only good thing about Chinese made things is their economy depends on the U.S. more than we depend on them. That's probably the only reason we haven't had a war with them....yet.

·
Premium Member
9,158 Posts
Switched to a ratchet belt about a year and a half ago and I’m loving them. I had the Dickies brand and I broke two buckles after a few months so I bought two from Amazon Chaoern is the maker and I don’t know where they are made. Very good belt so far. I like the infinite adjustments. I’ll never go back to a traditional type again.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Switched to a ratchet belt about a year and a half ago and I’m loving them. I had the Dickies brand and I broke two buckles after a few months so I bought two from Amazon Chaoern is the maker and I don’t know where they are made. Very good belt so far. I like the infinite adjustments. I’ll never go back to a traditional type again.
Likewise… ratchet belt is all I wear now (for dress wear and for casual)

I also bought the Grip6 belt (not ratcheting but has a unique way of achieving) infinite adjustments (it‘s a light duty minimalist nylon strap belt… handles my lightweight IWB holster/carry guns fine)

Hand Dress shirt Sleeve Waist Finger

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Rectangle Sleeve

Reactions: Stamps6

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had one… loved it until I saw it was made in China
I threw it in the trash and bought US made.
I agree with your sentiment entirely.
However if you threw away everything in your home made in China......you wouldn't have much left.
The amount of product made in China yet sold under a US name is staggering.
And it's not junk for the most part.
And on a factual note.....Chinese products didn't invade the US......we opened the door for them.
When the US was booming after WWII, so were wages and unions.
Slowly but surely we starting raising prices on consumer goods and people didn't need to spend crazy amounts on everyday items that were disposable in the short future.
And the need, the availability and price was right there......at a time when it was important.
But now.....it's mobile phones, machinery, computers, air conditioners, shoes, apparel and the newest and maybe the most global are solar cells.
But appliances, home gyms, furniture are also on the list.....made in China, rebranded with USA names and addresses.
The only thing China hasn't managed to flood the American market with is automobiles.........but Japan is doing enough of that.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
However if you threw away everything in your home made in China......you wouldn't have much left.
And on a factual note.....Chinese products didn't invade the US......we opened the door for them.
Slowly but surely we starting raising prices on consumer goods and people didn't need to spend crazy amounts on everyday items that were disposable in the short future.
And the need, the availability and price was right there......at a time when it was important.
But now.....it's mobile phones, machinery, computers, air conditioners, shoes, apparel and the newest and maybe the most global are solar cells.
But appliances, home gyms, furniture are also on the list.....made in China, rebranded with USA names and addresses.
The only thing China hasn't managed to flood the American market with is automobiles.........but Japan is doing enough of that.
Agreed… but when I can make a choice (re: country of origin of product) I try to do so.

The deliberate cover-up by Kore of where their products are made was the cause of my disdain for them. I realize a HUGE number of products in our homes and businesses are made in China.

I demand transparency from places where I choose to spend my money.

Reactions: Moark Willy

·
Jesus Saves
8,389 Posts
Been using ratchet style for a few years, from Amazon. The older I get the more my body shifts even though I am the same weight. I like the ability to loosen up a tad after I eat. I even use it for a carry belt (not th best but works for me).

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I believe Mission Belt was the first with those ratcheting belts. I meant to get one but never got around to it.

I used to buy a new Walmart belt every few years because my old belts fell apart. I didn't see spending $50-$100 when I could get one for $20. I decided to try a gun belt with thick (1/4"+) real leather. It gets scuffed and mutilated but the gun belts are holding up. Only had them for a few years but about to the point where I would be replacing a cheap walmart belt with another one. I have some Bickmore leather reconditioner and rubbed one down. I have another I will take apart, including the buckle, and thoroughly rub down. I wear them daily and hang all kinds of stuff on them and so far so good. Only time will tell but I recommend a good gun belt.

Reactions: 806

·
Super Moderator
13,599 Posts
I've been wearing the same belt now for 25+ years. Even though I don't need another one, I wish I could find one again. Some kind of mesh belt I got at a Boot Barn or some such place.

--Wag--

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
True it’s one thing to try and reduce what you buy from China but that’s going to be huge hill to die on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts