National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was finally able to find a Springfield Trophy Match new/unopened after searching for months.

First, does anyone have any holster suggestions that will not scratch or scuff it?

Second, this is my first 1911 and it being all steel, I know it will love oil. Right out of the box, does it need oil? Its been on a shelf for over seven years.
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun

· Registered
6,726 Posts
clean and lube....manual is available on their site.

i suggest a leather holster of your choice.

· Live Free
4,509 Posts
Yes, exactly as Deputy said regarding clean and lube. Holster ideas might vary with some folks, but I would recommend leather too.

Nice pistol! Welcome to NGF. Please stop by the newcomers forum and introduce yourself.

· Super Moderator
6,145 Posts
oooo very nice! To be honest all holsters will wear on the finish over time. Ya Deputy said it best "clean and lube" seeing its been there for so long.

· Registered
4,400 Posts
Yea if it's been sitting up for years a good cleaning and lube would be a good idea. There are lot's of holsters out there especially for a 1911. Any holster is going to put some wear on your gun maybe not scuffs and scratches but wear none the less If you're LE your duty gun should show some holster wear. A good lined leather holster would probably be the most gentle and showcase your firearm the best. I assume you plan on carrying in condition 1 so I would recommend a strap, I prefer thumbbreaks. Just do a basic search.

· Registered
1,944 Posts
I've got the Range Officer model which has same finish but probably a step or two below yours. Anyway, I oil the internals and wipe the outside down with a silicon impregnated cloth. As for a holster my preference is leather and I don't care if the gun gets holster wear. Just take into consideration why the design was brought into existence in the first place.

Nice gun BTW.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate all the replies. I don't plan on carrying this at work and I am still hunting for the right piece of leather. I could care less about my glocks, but this is close to a BBQ gun for me.

I field stripped it last night and I've never seen the factory lubricant gummed up and sticky before. I'm interested to find out when this one came off the line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.