National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bul Armory 1911 Government 9mm 5in SS

bought it from a LGS in Texas… should be here next week

always wanted a gun made in Israel (I stand with Israel like I do for our own country… against all enemies foreign and domestic)

White Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

Jersey Sleeve Wood T-shirt Sportswear

Item Specifications:
BrandBul Armory
CategoryPistols
Gun Platform1911-Style
Caliber9mm Luger
Model1911 Government
Frame FinishSilver
ActionSAO
Barrel Length Range5"
Slide DescriptionSerrated Silver Stainless Steel
Slide FinishSilver
Slide MaterialStainless Steel
Capacity10+1
Frame DescriptionSilver Stainless Steel
Frame MaterialStainless Steel
GripsBlack G10
HandRight
Includes2 Magazines
Max Capacity10
SafetyLever
Sight Configuration3-Dot Novak
Sight StyleFixed
Weight2.50 lbs
Barrel DescriptionBull
Barrel Length5"

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice! I would like one of them some day…
I sold a couple of guns so I could stay cash neutral on the deal — a Ruger Max-9 and a Taurus TX22. I had two TX22’s (I kept the one with the optic). I never warmed up to the Max-9 and instead prefer the Sig P365-380 I acquired.

buy-sell-trade… that’s me :)

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
46 Posts
A very nice looking 1911 in 9mm to boot. Going to go pick up a Ruger 1911 in.45 ACP tomorrow can't remember the model #. You will have to let us how good a shooting gun when you get it.

·
Live Free
4,327 Posts
I sold a couple of guns so I could stay cash neutral on the deal — a Ruger Max-9 and a Taurus TX22. I had two TX22’s (I kept the one with the optic). I never warmed up to the Max-9 and instead prefer the Sig P365-380 I acquired.

buy-sell-trade… that’s me :)
That is how I work too. I don‘t happen to have some thing I am prepared to get rid of now and have not the cash to just keep buying guns. So a Bul will wait a while.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,594 Posts
That is how I work too. I don‘t happen to have some thing I am prepared to get rid of now and have not the cash to just keep buying guns. So a Bul will wait a while.
So many toys so little money. Even as much as I buy, I still run into this. Times are tough in everyone so there’s even less to go around these days. Was talking with the wife who was asked by the principal to come in and help during summer school, by the time she pays for the gas to get there and back, she broke even on a 4 hour day.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
5” government sized 9mm in stainless

Target sights

Sunglasses Material property Wood Font Rectangle

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

Tool Wood Sleeve Knife Rectangle

the barrel is ramped (and it’s a bull barrel… no barrel bushing

Cosmetics Font Office supplies Wood Tints and shades

came with 2 10-rd mags and lots of cleaning tools and plastic case
Black Rectangle Font Eyewear Wallet

for comparison with the 4.25” commander size Ed Brown FX2 9mm the 5” government size Dan Wesson A2 .45 and the 4” Kimber KHX .45

Calipers Air gun Wood Trigger Knife

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Revolver

initial observations

- there is more take up on this trigger than any of the other shown above… but a nice wall and LIGHT 2.5 lb. pull

- for comparison, the Ed Brown is 3.5 lb., the Dan Wesson is 4 lb., and the Kimber HHX is 4.5 lb.

- fitment seems great… barrel locks up tight. I haven’t chambered any rounds yet

- funny it looks like they use an ambi cut grip on right side… (there is no ambi safety) I may call and ask for a non-ambi grip… since their marketing material (See pic at top of thread) shows it… a non ambi cut grip panel on right side

- I’m a huge fan of this 1911 so far after initial handling, breakdown… can’t wait to see how the range trip goes!

Reactions: 806 and Wag

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow… fast customer service from Bul Armory!

I sent them an Email inquiry about the grip (via their ‘contact-us‘ link on their website)

this morning I had a request for pictures from one of their reps… I believe they will send me a non-ambi grip panel (still my guess)

Reactions: 806

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You have any issues with the Kimpro finish on that KHX being a little on the slickery side when racking?
no, because I only rack the slide by placing my left palm in front of the Vortex dot sight and use it to rack the slide…

Overall… I haven’t noticed the finish being too slick

Revolver Trigger Font Gun barrel Gun accessory

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well… Bul-Armory says the ‘ambi’ cut grip on the right side of the gun, which does not have an Ambi safety, is what they Intend this gun to have (obviously that’s what they shipped it with)

I say their marketing picture (which they produced and provided their dealers) shows otherwise

I’ve asked them to escalate my dissatisfaction internally in their company

we will see who wins on this minor battle… I’m not happy they won’t sent me a non-ambi grip panel (which is their answer so far)

it’s minor… just a minor irritation on my part

my gun as I received it

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

the marketing (stock) picture dealers use to advertise this gun

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Font

Reactions: 806

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,594 Posts
Well… Bul-Armory says the ‘ambi’ cut grip on the right side of the gun, which does not have an Ambi safety, is what they Intend this gun to have (obviously that’s what they shipped it with)

I say their marketing picture (which they produced and provided their dealers) shows otherwise

I’ve asked them to escalate my dissatisfaction internally in their company

we will see who wins on this minor battle… I’m not happy they won’t sent me a non-ambi grip panel (which is their answer so far)

it’s minor… just a minor irritation on my part

my gun as I received it

View attachment 140130

the marketing (stock) picture dealers use to advertise this gun

View attachment 140131
Ambi cut grip should just have a recess on the back side for the safety lever. I am not sure why the top of your grip is cut off. This is an ambi cut grip.
Air gun Wood Everyday carry Gun barrel Trigger

Sleeve Grey Gadget Communication Device Wood

1 - 20 of 23 Posts