National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is me again, "the smartest sniper dude at the gun show that's never shot past 300yrds;" here for another installment of, One Shot Never Beyond 300 Yards!

Just because most people here will not shoot passed 300 yards, is by no means a reason to not learn about shooting passed 300 yards. How many people will be involved in a gunfight? Yet we still discuss the issue, and practice for it.

This is a firearms site, right?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I missed by about 1.5MOA high, and 2MOA right, missed my wind call by about 1/2mph, pretty good height-wise, it would have hit a torso target if the wind call was not off.

If I was going to shoot at that range, not target practicing; I would have made the best shot I could, observed my hit and corrected the POA for a quick follow-up shot. I don't expect to make a perfect one shot one kill at that range... and the only target I would be shooting at, would be an enemy combatant.

So yeah, since I don't have a "team," I must do it all myself... and there is nothing wrong with that!

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
It is me again, "the smartest sniper dude at the gun show that's never shot past 300yrds;" here for another installment of, One Shot Never Beyond 300 Yards!
I wasn't referring to you, congrats over getting butt hurt over nothing. :crazy:

And congrats on your miss....keep working on it....you'll hit that car size black spot one day!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
I'm jealous, the farthest place i have to shoot only goes to 400yds.

Reactions: Win94ae

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
400 yards is just short of 1/4 mile. It adds up after changing out targets over an afternoon.

We dont shoot paper that far. Steel, gallon jugs of water and clay pigeons. We put a bunch out at once and we can drive to the 300yd mark

·
Aim true !
10,258 Posts
Nice rifle.:thumbsup: Keep practicing you will nail it.

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts
I've shot to 600 meters, my local range only lets me practice to 200 meters ..... however after 40+ years of practice I'm pretty certain that If I can see it I can hit it, given a rifle capable of making the shot.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You'd be hard pressed to find anything beyond 200yds around here aside from private "friends and family only" places. It's a shame really, I'd love to see just how far I can reach out with the .30-06, but such is life.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
we have a 1000 yard members only specialized range......never been on it. from my understanding, it has become an equipment race with the membership......they take it awful serious.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took another one at the same distance, since I knew the holdover.

Thanks for the compliments!

"that car size black spot"
The bullets splash is twice the size of a car!
You were obviously butt-hurt before I knew you existed. Get over yourself.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we have a 1000 yard members only specialized range......never been on it. from my understanding, it has become an equipment race with the membership......they take it awful serious.
Unfortunately, I can't afford all the bells an whistles; I have the cheapest bolt action I could find, (other than a Steven's,) $125 mil-dot scope, $100 stock, and no Kestrel, just a range card and my remembrance of last years POI at that range.

We have a range close where I could shoot a mile, but I just haven't gotten there yet.

Thanks again for the comments everyone.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
You were obviously butt-hurt before I knew you existed. Get over yourself.
Dude stop...get help......you trying to troll me isn't working.

Nice miss.....again.....keep working at it....accuracy through volume is real. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Just because most people here will not shoot passed 300 yards, is by no means a reason to not learn about shooting passed 300 yards. How many people will be involved in a gunfight? Yet we still discuss the issue, and practice for it.

This is a firearms site, right?

These guys are shooting out to 650 yards with black powder 45-70's and tang target sights. The guy in the foreground, his brother was on the Austrian shooting team back in the 1960's. You make a lot of assumptions stating most people don't shoot past 300 yards, out here that distance is commonplace.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts

These guys are shooting out to 650 yards with black powder 45-70's and tang target sights. The guy in the foreground, his brother was on the Austrian shooting team back in the 1960's. You make a lot of assumptions stating most people don't shoot past 300 yards, out here that distance is commonplace.
I've shot a 600yrd match with those BP guys (not those exact guys)....I don't think anyone had more fun than they did!!.....They also shoot out to 1k.

The 300yrd comment from super long range shooter dude is a dig at me.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I've shot a 600yrd match with those BP guys (not those exact guys)....I don't think anyone had more fun than they did!!.....They also shoot out to 1k.

The 300yrd comment from super long range shooter dude is a dig at me.
Some of these guys do Quigley and Billy Dixon shoots, on the other end of the scale we have F Class shooters in the club as well, one of which was on the US F Class shooting team and won titles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts