National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, like those bold letters say, I need to carry more mags. I always have one in my car but I got to thinking about wtf I would do if i empty my magazine and I'm not close to my car. I live on a very small budget because I get shitty pay haha, so I can't go out and buy a mag pouch. I've tried to carry it in my pocket but a 18rd double stack mag is not exactly small. Any suggestions? Or ultra cheap mag pouches you know of haha. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Do you have any folding knife sheaths that will fit a mag?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one for my buck knife which is too small. If I force it in it'll fit but is hard to remove. But that is a good idea that I will be able to work with. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Don’t know where you live but Rural King here has a bunch of nylon holsters and mag pouches on clearance for between $2-$3.50. If there is a store close by, a phone call to the gun counter might be worth it. I bought a small IWB holster for my RM380 for $3

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, like those bold letters say, I need to carry more mags. I always have one in my car but I got to thinking about wtf I would do if i empty my magazine and I'm not close to my car. I live on a very small budget because I get shitty pay haha, so I can't go out and buy a mag pouch. I've tried to carry it in my pocket but a 18rd double stack mag is not exactly small. Any suggestions? Or ultra cheap mag pouches you know of haha. Thanks.
Do you have a second gun?

Does it have its own holster?

You can carry a backup gun, like I do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
We all know about the crap pay years.
It just takes a little longer to save up for quality equipment.
Just put a few dollars away each week until you can afford a proper mag pouch, you will be glad you did.

Or if you believe the liberals, the world will be coming to an end in about 10 years, so just put it all on plastic and do not worry about paying it off!

·
Live Free
2,795 Posts
The folding knife sheath or various pouches made of nylon or leather are pretty easy to find and cheap.

I was reading your post (yeah I do that) and wondering how many rounds you feel like you need. If your spare mag is 18 rounds I assume the mag in the gun is the same; total 36 rounds with one spare mag...you planning for a running street battle? Of course, you can and should carry what makes you comfortable. Your post suggested spare mags (multiple) so...that could become quite a lot of ammo. I was also wondering, how can you afford practice with your EDC if you cannot afford a mag pouch...but obviously I should stop reading. Hope you find a pouch that will work for you.

·
Premium Member
5,590 Posts
How many rounds do you need to defend your life? Most gun incidents are 3 rounds or less. No bad guy is going to stick around when to defensive gun is drawn. Most encounters don’t even go beyond the gun being drawn. You go around carrying to many magazines and the prosecutor is going say you were looking for a gun fight. It has been argued that hand loads were used to be more deadly and show a intent to do more harm. Personally I wouldn’t carry more than the mag or cylinder holds.

·
Registered
209 Posts
How many rounds do you need to defend your life? Most gun incidents are 3 rounds or less. No bad guy is going to stick around when to defensive gun is drawn. Most encounters don’t even go beyond the gun being drawn. You go around carrying to many magazines and the prosecutor is going say you were looking for a gun fight. It has been argued that hand loads were used to be more deadly and show a intent to do more harm. Personally I wouldn’t carry more than the mag or cylinder holds.
I'm screwed then. I carry 17+1 in pistol and 2 extra 17 rnd mags.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
i always try to carry a reload..............i carry a speed strip for the revolver as its flat, compact....i acknowledge that 5 rounds is enough on paper with stats and studies.......more than enough.....but i am also familiar with murphy's law...

i carry a spare mag for the auto more about concerns in keeping the auto running.....seen everything from accidental mag release bumps....to jams requiring mag removal....to floor plates coming off magazines. And magazines are the weakest link on an auto.....murphy's law.....

the few times i carry an auto i simply carry a mag in the fanny pack with the gun.....or wrapped in a bandanna in my pocket......

i view a speed strip or xtra mag like i look at a spare tire for my pickup.......i am just not comfortable taking a trip without a spare......though i have not changed out a flat in years and keep good tires on the truck.

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well, if you're carrying 19 rounds, Notso, you're more than three of me. I only carry 6, and two of them are ratshot.

You a NRA member? Got your Safety Training and CC course ?

How's the rest of the EDC ? Got a really bright light? A good knife or multi-tool? Because I use them both at lot, every day, and never use the gun.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Knife Sheaths/Lineman Sheaths/Tool Pouch making your own, camera pouch just get creative what works for YOU may not be appealing to another

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
Wear cargo pants. Mine actually have a small pouch inside the pocket that works perfect to hold a magazine.

--Wag--

Reactions: deputy
1 - 15 of 15 Posts