National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total newbie here, would appreciate some help. I just bought a Ruger GP100 from Academy. I'd like a small laser + flashlight accessory for it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Much appreciated.

·
Aim true !
10,258 Posts
You know gotta be tacticool. :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Total newbie here, would appreciate some help. I just bought a Ruger GP100 from Academy. I'd like a small laser + flashlight accessory for it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Much appreciated.
It doesn’t have any rails to execute that.

Take a look at my Chiappa Rhino 60DS 6 Shot 357 Magnum

You can do all of it, on this revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
55 Posts
So, flashlight with a built in laser?

Just buy a flashlight, they are cheap

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right but surely they make mini ones "built-in" to the gun as an accessory? It seems like the combo make pragmatic sense... e.g. I'm in bed fast asleep, an intruder kicks down my bedroom door, I grab my gun from the night stand next to me, I flick on the built-in flashlight AND laser simultaneously... I temporarily blind the intruder with the flashlight beam in his eyes, I point the laser at center mass... and FIRE! Intruder down.

It seems to me that this scenario would be significantly different without a flashlight or with a separate flashlight.

So, flashlight with a built in laser?

Just buy a flashlight, they are cheap

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Aim true !
10,258 Posts
Bad guy comes into your bedroom. And is armed. Until you get your gun out and fiddle with light and laser switches. You will be shot. Life is not a video game. Learn to shoot your gun . Practice every moment you can. Learn to hit man sized targets without relying on the sights. A light can be handy for law enforcement when clearing a building. And they will have body armor on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sage words. I will work on the muscle memory.

Bad guy comes into your bedroom. And is armed. Until you get your gun out and fiddle with light and laser switches. You will be shot. Life is not a video game. Learn to shoot your gun . Practice every moment you can. Learn to hit man sized targets without relying on the sights. A light can be handy for law enforcement when clearing a building. And they will have body armor on.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
You bought the wrong pistol for a laser/flashlight combo.
You do not need one to be safe in your bedroom.
if you just must have I suggest you sell your new gun and buy one with a rail on it.
Thats all I got

·
Jesus Saves
7,835 Posts
I think if you practice you will find it is not a necessary accessory and may actually hinder your advancement.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow that is a mean lookin gun :)!!! Expensive though, $1200 vs. the $730 I paid for my Ruger GP100 at Academy.
You’re going to laugh. My friend went to a store about an hour away. He said the dealer has a used one for sale. $600. Needless to say, I drove there ASAP.

Great condition and barely used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Aim true !
10,258 Posts
The GP 100 .357 my son bought was 495.00 Otd. Then i gave him my atv for it So now it's mine. But he can always use it too.. DSCF8218.JPG

Reactions: Ziggidy and deputy

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Keep your doors locked and windows closed, especially at night, invest in at least a rudimentary security system if you can. If you are taking appropriate precautions, you shouldn't end up in that situation. But, if all of those measures fail, all the gadgets in the world are no replacement for good training and muscle memory.

Reactions: Coalcracker
1 - 20 of 27 Posts