rate these 3 best to worst

Ruger P95 - $300
KelTec P32 - $318
S&W Sigma40 - $355

Thank you very much

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
You will receive many different opinions.

S&W Sigma40
Ruger P95
KelTec P32

·
Gun Nut
1,599 Posts
I will agree with popeye on the Ruger P95 above the KelTec P32. I have not had the chance to shoot the S&W Sigma40 so I cant rate it.

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
What do you want to rate them for? They are each a totally different gun with different calibers. Each one could be the best for certain situations.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
first time buyer looking for a good gun and not as concerned about caliber as I am reliability and accuracy

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Ruger P95 is a great gun for the money, it is bulky and hard to carry concealed. Reliable and comes complete with great customer service. I have one, it'a a good shooter.

Sigma 40 I don't have, I have one in 9mm, it has never missed a beat in several thousand rounds. Right now they have a $50.00 rebate or two free magazines by mail with the purchase of a new one. People don't care for the trigger pull, it takes some getting used to. Also, it is said that the resale value is not as good. I don't sell them after I buy them so it doesn't matter to me. I also recommend this gun, another great manufacturer.

I have only shot a Kel Tek, did not have any problems with it, seems to be a good gun for the money. It is also easy to conceal because of it's size.

As far as I'm concerned, they are all worth a look. Don't forget about a revolver in .357, they are a great gun for training, self defense, and fun.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
1. S&W Sigma 40 cal. takes a little getting use to, but the best of the three.
2. A smell their breath gun only. KT.32. I carry a KT-3AT all the time.
3. Never cared much for the P-series by Ruger. JMHO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I expect this is your first pistol as these are three truly different pistols in different calibers, pistols size.

The Ruger P95 9mm is a good pistol and for the money might be your best choice.
The S&W Sigma40 is 40 cal more snap/recoil and in MHO not the best of S&W
The KelTec P32 is a small pistol with a small 32 acp round.

I have shot all three and own three of the Ruger P series (P93 in 9mm, P94 in S&W 40 and P95 in 9mm). They are solid pistols that I enjoy shooting all the same I prefer a S&W just not the Sigma. If you want a S&W look at the M&P, it's more money but holds it value. Same can be said for the Ruger P series. the other two pistols on your list don't hold there value. The KelTec P32 at best is a good back up pistol but not something most would use for a first line of defense.

Best to find a range that rents and shoot as many as possible then make your choice.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to purchase.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Apples & oranges. A Kel Tec .32 and either of the others are night and day. You can't shoot a KT accurately past 10-15 yds and you can't put a P-95 in your sock.
All you're going to see are personal opinions. Shoot them all and form your own.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
0/10 for a non-descriptive title.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Best or worst for what? It depends on what you will be doing with the gun.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I think the Ruger is a block but the best choice as far as value and reliability is concerned.

I am not a fan of the Sigma line but love the M&P pistols.

The Kel-tec is a pocket pistol that you could carry every day. Its a close up and personal weapon. I have found that they are particular with the ammo you use, they can be fussy, so you have to find the ammo that will cycle reliably.

Good luck with your choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts