National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got this nice little Lee Loader kit, perfect for my small scale needs. And it comes with this one powder measure. Its for my 44 mag and off the top of my head I want to say its a 3.3 cc powder dipper. So what I was wondering is that I know different powders have different power and all, so will this dipper work with all of them? And regardless to that, what is the best/cheapest powder for respectably powerful loads for a 44 magnum? thanks in advance

R

·
0 Posts
.44 Mag powders

If you don't have a scale to weigh the charges, get one. Don't trust the Lee scoopers to accurately measure powders. As for which powders are good, Hodgdon HP38 or HS6 or Winchester 231 are good all-around pistol powders and aren't too expensive. Try this website to give you an idea of where to start.

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Good advice on the scale. For powerful loads like the full house magnums I like Win-296, HS6. They work just fine. Be sure and use a good roll chrimp if you are shooting hot ones.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
I iuse 231 for target/practice laods, but I use 296 for full power hunting loads. GET A POWDER SCALE!!! Don't use the Lee scoop for anything but sprinkling powder into the scale pan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts