National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting too old to see the red lettering on the grey background on the site is there a setting to change the skin or whatever it's called? I've looked and looked but can't find a way to change it.

·
Registered
Navy Vet
2,864 Posts
No, but not quite sure what you mean. The only red lettering I see is when somebody puts something on the chat box and uses the red format, and that is of their choosing. Unless I am missing something?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The "quick links" tab at the top of the page opens up to several options like "subscribed threads or today's posts". Once those open, the words are red vs. black. They are very hard to read on the grey background.

·
Registered
Navy Vet
2,864 Posts
Now I understand what you are referring to, but fortunately for now, I can read them quite well. But I should soon have the prescription changed for my glasses.

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
I'll find it. Gimme a minute.

--Wag--

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
Well, I'll be dipped. I know I've seen that setting before but I can't find it again to save my life.

I gotta get out the door in a quick bit but if someone else hasn't found it before this evening, I'll look again.

--Wag--

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'll be dipped. I know I've seen that setting before but I can't find it again to save my life.

I gotta get out the door in a quick bit but if someone else hasn't found it before this evening, I'll look again.

--Wag--
Thanks Wag

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
All those with good color perception the forum colors are probably very satisfactory. But us others (yes, me too) there are some colors that blend with the backgrounds and should have more contrast.

1moretoy - I don't know if it will help but if making the fonts larger they do become easier to distinguish. In almost every browser (IE, Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc) you can tap CTRL + or CTRL - to increase or decrease the font size. A potential problem is all the images also increase which may not be desirable. With Firefox you can select from the toolbar - View/Zoom and check Text only. This is the best option for me. It increases only the text and everything else still lines up and formats correctly.

Tap CTRL 0 (zero) to reset to the browser default.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately that's not an option that I have (I don't think anyway) with an iPad. Another feature missing from Apple. I did play with the brightness settings but that didn't help either. Thanks though.

·
Registered
Navy Vet
2,864 Posts
I typed in the words "skin color" under the search FAQ option. At the bottom it says: Can I change the way the board looks?
You may be able to change the styling of the board by using the "style changer" in the bottom left of the page. This lets you choose different skins which change the color scheme and appearance of the board. If this option does not appear, the board cannot be restyled. I could not find this option on any page that I looked at, unless I am looking at the wrong place and I looked in the bottom left.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes...that's exactly what I was trying to find. It is an option on other v-bulletin forums I frequent but can't find it here anymore. Must have gone away with the last update.

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
Crazy. Still can't find it.

--Wag--

1 - 14 of 14 Posts