National Gun Forum banner

NEED HELP! My new PSA upper receiver seems to be wearing unevenly!

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  One1 
#1 ·
I recently just finished building my first AR-15. I bought a Rock River Arms completed lower receiver, and attached a complete, 18" .223 wylde upper receiver with a included BCG and CH. I have shot 150 rounds through it so far. ZERO HANG UPS shot beautifully. when I broke it down however, I noticed what seemed to me to be excessive wear on the upper's rail that the BCG sits on. The Wear is only on one side and appears to be uneven and choppy. Ive attach pictures. Is this normal? Will it throw some shavings just at the start? I Bought a brand new Sig Sauer 1911 that did that but only because of the tight tolerances and also i read that that was a normal occurrence. Gun Shotgun Trigger Airsoft Air gun
Trigger Vehicle door Rim Airsoft

See less See more
#3 ·
Contact PSA .......... that's not normal wear.

#7 ·
I shot yesterday so this things nazty, but this is typical wear on a PSA upper at 250 rnds. No shiny metal on the Top rails. The bottom will evenly wear shiny, no chewbacca marks.

Attachments

#9 ·
Yeah that's what i'm gathering too. Shouldn't really be much more wear than that you can see where it slides. And as you said before it should be even. I never disassembled the "ready to fire" upper before shooting so the dirts on them. Also noticing some tool marks here and there I didn't see before.. Again, thank you for the help.

#10 ·
You should always clean and lube brand new guns and this would include a upper or lower as well.

Reactions: SGB
#11 · (Edited)
Hoooooollllddddd it. Stop the presses. I was cleaning my AR just now and I figured out what those marks are. That’s from your cam pin. It was probably not set in there straight and the edge caught the rail. Just to be sure check it and see if it’s damaged on the edge. That’s exactly why they say pull the firing ejector forward all the way. Why is it the cam pin? Because that’s the only thing hard enough to dig into the rail.

if you look at the attachment, I’ve circled the proof it’s the cam pin. That mark is where the cam was dragging as it finished rotating to eject.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.