National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to make a .22 ruger into a ny legal assault rifle. I like the Ruger in the attachment but obviously it isn't ny legal. I wanted to get the gun as assault rifle looking as possible but still legal. That includes magazine, stock, etc. Any and all suggestions are welcome. If you dont know the NY laws that make a semi auto an assault weapon, here they are: NY state law defines an "assault weapon" as:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and one or more of the following:
  • Folding or telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Bayonet mount
  • Flash suppressor, Muzzle brake, Muzzle compensator, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one[7]
  • Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device that enables launching or firing rifle grenades, though this applies only to muzzle mounted grenade launchers and not those mounted externally).
  • Thumbhole stock
  • Foregrip

pix311073689.jpg

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
from what I have read, and the Mag laws etc... then it is impossible to have a black gun in NY

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
A legal assault rifle? SIMPLE.
1. Rent U-Haul.
2. Pack it with everything you own.
3. Cross border into Pennsylvania.
Your assault rifle is now legal.
4. Continue south-west to Arizona.
5. Enjoy no bans, restrictions, limits, and Constitutional carry.
6. Live happily ever after.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Since a 10/22 is a semi-automatic with a detachable magazine, you can't have ANY of the other features. So you are basically out of luck. On the other hand, none of that crap actually makes the 10/22 into anything other than a 10/22 with crap hanging on it, so stick with a stock 10/22 and enjoy what you have. Or move.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,162 Posts
Just a question here.

Do NY "Assault Rifle" laws apply to rimfire weapons as well as to center fire weapons?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts